• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Glim + Khaedrik/Solace/Any
    In all honesty, I've never given even half a thought about my mother. She'd tricked my father into believing she was his wife through some sort of magic, and she died after birthing me - that's the extent of what I know about her. Perhaps more strange than even this is my genuine contentedness with  having been raised by a single father; never once in my life have I yearned to replace what was missing. But in truth, I never felt that missing. I only felt - and continue to feel - love for my father, as he was, and continues to be even in his old age, the ultimate caretaker.

Furthermore, when we moved to the Jungle, I took on all the feminine role models any little filly could bear to have - so I am not lacking in my own feminine charms now, though they happen to come with fangs more often than not. But those fangs are sheathed for today, as Glim and I are walking along; perhaps peeking out once or twice when we come to a more heated topic of discussion, but for the most part, I act the lady.

When silence takes us, I can't help but to think back to the last minute before our departure from the field. Each time my mind's eyes goes there, my heart squeezes terribly, and something that's both smile and grimace marks my expression. She'd hugged me, as a child would her mother, buried between my breast with an innocent, childish abandon. I'd been shocked at first, frozen solid at the youthful affection, but she said that we can try. And the words had struck true to me; we can try. Before she'd had the chance to pull away, my neck was arching over Glim's painted buckskin figure, returning the embrace with a few soothing actions of my mouth against her skinny whithers.

My heart squeezes again upon remembering this, and I know why: because I liked holding her, and feeling her close to me. Because I don't like holding my own son, and never have like that. Because I'm a confused, broken mess; a failure of a mother and worthless in the eyes of one such as Glim... Except that I'm not. She sees past my failures. And again, this is but another reason for my heart to squeeze. Too many more squeezes, and I fear that it may shatter.

But the scentlines are here, and my troubled mind becomes distracted by the mirth of seeing Glim lift her nose to smell the air so exuberantly. "You're cute," I mutter affectionately as the girl trembles and snorts with the energy of a thousand grown horses stuffed into a half-sized, stringy little body. As my call rings out around us, I cock a brow at her antics, adding my low chuckle to the bubbling brook of her laughter. When she comes close to brush against me, I intuitively move to blast her little fast with warm air, sending her off with forelock all a-hoo as she prances and spins and sings.

(She could be your son, you know.)
    Please, I'm having a good day, let me have this.
    (You deserve nothing! Your own son is standing neglected with his father in some remote thicket far away. You could be showing him Hyaline. You could be making an impact on his life, as you are on Glim's.)
    I don't have anything to say to you... You're right, and there's no argument I have to fight that.
    (Worthless slut.)
    Please, stop...

As if she could read my thoughts and knew I needed rescuing, the familiar sound of Solace's wing beats drew me from my revere. My lungs fill with air as if for the first time as I turn to catch the sight of the beautiful woman alighting on the earth, and all the darkness inside of me slips away, disappointed to be so easily conquered. Oh, Solace...

"Hello, love," I murmur in response, moving fluidly against the white-gold woman with a press of my lips to the warm, pulsing underside of her jaw. I linger there for a moment, eyes fluttering as I inhale her soothing, familiar scent. But she is withdrawing before I do, and I remember myself with a little start, stepping away (though only a step) to look again towards Glim with a smile upon my lips.

"Solace is the leader of Hyaline," I explain easily, nutmeg eyes going over to said mare as the words leave me. Gods, she's gorgeous. I look away again before I'm able to be entranced once more. "If you ever need anything, she's the one to call for."

Head tossing, I suddenly remember where we'd been heading; the Lake!" Comes my excited cry. "I was just going to show Glim the lake," I explain with a big, happy smile - as if all I am is big and happy, as if I hadn't been crumpled and suicidal weeks ago. "Would you care to join us, queen Solace?" The question is rhetorical, and the title is more of an innuendo than anything respectful; but with a nose bent down to push Glim on ahead of us as her baby tail whisks past, I step in time with Solace, her wing brushing my side and a secret smile exchanged with her.

"She could be ours, you know," I whisper when Glim is just out of hearing range, reaching over to brush a strand of forelock out of Solace's beautiful cerulean gaze. "I could make that happen; we could raise a princess together."

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Glim + Khaedrik/Solace/Any - by Kagerus - 04-22-2018, 05:22 PM