• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / brennen, any - diplomatic visit

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

The pair introduce themselves, or rather, the woman introduces them both. The stallion's silence is respectable however, and my mind's eye travels back to the little interaction I had with the Loessian king. That would probably have gone better if I'd taken this Krigare's approach to diplomacy... Ah, well, I went into that meeting with the knowledge that we weren't exactly trying to be friends with that kingdom. I happened to just take that information to the next level; Brennen can chastise me if he'd like to, though since Leilan and I reported to him after coming home from that event, he has yet to.

She asks about the mutiny in the politest way possible, and I slip my neutral expression over to Brennen, ears perked for his response. I can't help but smile a little at his drawling words, kind as always. But then he goes on to explain himself, and I lose the smile, remembering the way Ischia had been before the reformation. It is not a time I would ever return to, should I have the choice of it.

"All for one and one for all," I offer quietly, raising my eyes to the familiar-looking mare. Who do I know who looks like her...? But I lose my train of thought as Brennen continues his spiel, casting aside thoughts of wishes and bones and the two somehow strangely tangled up into a single entity. The bay stallion mentions our tie to Nerine, and I nod slightly. Our sister-kingdom; I love the sound of that.

"From what I know of Beqanna, Solace is the daughter of your king Warrick; and she has just sent a Hyalinian child to Nerine, making them allies by blood for a year. So that makes you friends of our friends, and family to the friends of our friends nonetheless." I glance to Brennen, making sure I am not over stepping my bounds before continuing to a final statement. "Thus I believe it would be appropriate to say that, at the least, our kingdoms are friends, too."

Enjoy this shit I guess

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're the beacon / brennen, any - diplomatic visit - by Trekori - 04-28-2018, 12:10 AM