• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / brennen, any - diplomatic visit
    S
    he is pleasantly surprised. Wound kept her expectations and presumptions about Ischia to a minimum on her trip over to the island-kingdom, but tendrils of her own thoughts did work themselves into the corners of her brain. However, the faint hint of a smile on the bay’s mouth brings relief to the Head of Peace’s mind (relief she hadn’t realized was something she had desired). Although Klaudius had gnashed his teeth and foamed at the mouth about Brennen and Ischia and their wilderness and savagery, Wound doesn’t find anything of the sort here.

They all seem to have bigger worries to the southwest.

While placing both mares and stallions in a place named the Brotherhood is immediately confusing, Wound can appreciate Brennen’s (and his brothers’) movement toward equality. It coaxes another sincere smile to the corners of her mouth, this one more beholden than the last. “A fitting slogan,” she responds to Trekori’s statement. To be so inclusive despite past traditions is something Wound finds to warm the fibers of her heart and further encourages her toward the path of friendliness with this newly-fortified kingdom.

Brennen draws the conversation toward Tephra itself (a path which, upon first arriving, Wound was hesitant to walk down but now finds herself comfortable). “You’re correct.” Warrick’s leadership began not long after Wound found herself on the volcanic island, yet he has proved himself a strong leader despite how long he has been on the throne. Brennen’s mentionings of Nerine only further reminds the diplomat of her daughter in the Sisterhood, presumably training under the guidance of an ancient Amazonian.

When Trekori adds his own pieces of information to the conversation (mentioning Solace in Hyaline and the Caretaker’s relationship with her Overseer), Wound flicks her ears in the colt’s direction in agreement. “That is true; Queen Solace is the daughter of my King Warrick.” Her eyes touch softly on Brennen’s face again and the edges of her face soften. “Tephra has a blood alliance with Nerine — my own daughter, Wishbone, was sent to Nerine in the summer.”

Her gaze shifts between the two men before glancing around their landscape again (to the jungle behind Brennen’s shoulder, to the ocean behind her own shoulder, to the skies above them, to the mainland across the way, to Tephra in the distance). “Tephra isn’t looking to form enemies when there is no need, especially an enemy who is allied with our own accomplices. I would consider ourselves friendly for the time being, but perhaps a closer bond might be in order once I speak with my Overseer... Unless you have any disagreement in that decision.”

Satisfied with their ties, Wound’s thoughts turn toward the previous kingdom meeting in Tephra. Although her visit to Ischia had been purely exploratory, the undercurrents of danger looming over Beqanna — expressed with the presence of Krigare as her protector — press against the inner linings of her stomach.

“I would like to warn you, if you are otherwise unaware; a new leader has ascended the Sylvan throne and it appears he is looking for trouble.” Of what sort, she isn’t quite sure yet, but trouble is never good. Her coffee eyes are dark with concern and her lips draw together in an uncharacteristically firm line. “We received a warning just before I left for your borders but I do fear Beqanna’s peace might shatter soon.” Her coffee eyes are dark with concern and her lips draw together in an uncharacteristically firm line.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Brennen] / @[Trekori] / @[Krigare]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're the beacon / brennen, any - diplomatic visit - by wound - 05-08-2018, 11:41 PM