• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're the beacon / brennen, any - diplomatic visit
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He is glad to have waited to hear what Kori has to say, because he does not recall ever having known that Solace was Warrick’s daughter, and it makes him even more inclined to be friendly with the land at the base of the volcano, for he wants nothing to do with setting Ischia against Hyaline, even advertently through Tephra. And their quiet natures seem to be something Wound finds comforting; he can only imagine what stories have been told about him as some sort of despot conqueror of the former Ischians, but he is glad to be given the chance to prove himself otherwise.

“One of my own daughters has just left to make a life in Nerine as well,” he says to the bay mare, with a little quirk of his lips that can only be described as wistful. He misses Bristol already; though he is surrounded by other youth he loves just as well, that does not keep him from missing the one who is gone. By the way her face as softened, he guesses she misses her Wishbone just as much. He has so far avoided pledging any of his children or those of Ischia at large, in part because he would selfishly rather keep their young close at home. “And I consider Solace and her protector Kagerus good personal friends, on top of the alliance between our Kingdoms.”

His curiosity about Warrick has been piqued, but he supposes at some point that dignitary and himself will have to meet, rather than leaving all dealings to their emissaries. It is all well and good to have good ‘feelings’ about this relationship going forward, but Brennen always prefers to take the measure of a potential friend or foe for himself, sooner or later. He nods in response to her words; “Ischia will consider Tephra a friendly entity, and conduct ourselves accordingly. I look forward to discussing more than that if Warrick is also interested.” They can only have one sister-Kingdom and his bonds to Nerine are tight, but there is no reason not to pursue a second Alliance with Tephra alongside the one he has formed with Hyaline.

And for good reason, because none of them are immune from the worries of what is to come, including the little mare before him. All traces of a smile are gone from the bay king’s face, and he regards Wound in solemn silence for many seconds before speaking again, and now his voice is a slow and careful drawl rather than light and welcoming. “Loess, too, has changed hands, and quite rudely rebuffed our tentative overtures of diplomacy.” Brennen hesitates, a moment too long to be feigned, and then decides to trust her with more information. “Loess has stolen one of our number, and another has gone to spy in Sylva under the guise of being stolen there, and has not yet returned. Ischia does not consider Loess a friend, and considers Sylva an enemy.”

Brennen does not know how Warrick will feel about pursuing a relationship with a Kingdom already in the middle of whatever Sylva is planning, but wherever Ischia is one will also find Nerine, and they are already allied to Nerine so he figures any attempt to distance Tephra from Ischia would be a shot in the dark at this point. Brennen waits a moment to see if she has a response, and then he flicks his amber gaze towards Krigare once more, and relaxes into just a hint of a smile once more. “The tide should still be low enough to allow you to cross, if you go now. I do not want your Warrick to worry about your delayed return, if you are stuck here overnight...though you are welcome to stay if you’d prefer.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[wound]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're the beacon / brennen, any - diplomatic visit - by Brennen - 05-14-2018, 11:47 PM