• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Who I am, Who I'm not [any]
    fiasko
    She’d never thought that she’d ever be this happy.

Growing up, she’d thought that was it. She would forever live in the shadows, staying on the fringes of the Gates kingdom and quietly helping from time to time. She would be a forever wallflower, mostly unnoticed by her fellow kingdom members. How very wrong she’d been.

Now, at almost 12 years of age, she is a queen. A hardworking queen with friends, a family, a lover (there is a strange thrill at that word) and a new baby on the way. She is happy and more excited for the future than she’s ever been.

On this particular morning she’s taken to wandering through the kingdom, checking on the borders and her old favourite hiding places. It’s slow going these days - despite being only a few months into the pregnancy, she’s already gotten quite fat. It’s not exactly making her look forward to the later months, but she will weather it. This is her and Jason’s child, and she knows that it will be more than worth it in the end. Oh the surprise that she’s in for …

She’s wandering past a little pool that she knows well, when she realizes that there are two horses already standing there. One she recognizes well - Wichita (the sight of the mare brings a smile to her lips) - but the other she’s never seen before. Curious, she’s about to call out to them, when Wichita suddenly collapses to the ground.

“Wichita!” She rushes towards the pair, fear pulling her heart up into her throat. Something is very, very wrong. “Wichita!” She reaches them and reaches down to the silver dapple at her feet (stranger quite forgotten), noticing the tears flooding the mare’s face. “What’s wrong?!”
    i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Wichita - 06-20-2015, 03:45 PM
    RE: Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Osyva - 06-24-2015, 12:36 PM
    RE: Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Wichita - 06-24-2015, 06:12 PM
    RE: Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Fiasko - 06-25-2015, 04:13 PM
    RE: Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Osyva - 06-30-2015, 12:37 AM
    RE: Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Wichita - 06-30-2015, 07:52 AM
    RE: Who I am, Who I'm not [any] - by Fiasko - 07-13-2015, 02:32 AM