• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  My Waking Daydream || AuroraElis
    It had been a long time since he'd last laid eyes upon the reddened colt. He'd grown strong in the time that he'd been away, and Hephaestus was relieved to see that he was thriving within the shadow of the mountain. Still, his concern mounted as to why the youngling was wandering aimlessly so late at night. Understandably weary of the big black, Hepha realized with a slight pang that Diavoli did not recognize him. And why should he? He was very young when he had departed from them.

Lowering his massive head to lessen his perceived threat, the friesian bred stallion smiled his crooked smile. He'd never been particularly great with children. They made him nervous and he'd never quite learned how to act around them. But this was her son and he felt a closeness with him.

"I am an old friend of your mothers," he spoke gently. "I promise that I do not mean her any harm."

He did not expect Diavoli to believe him, but he held on to the hope that the roaned colt would lead him to her nonetheless. Hephaestus knew that he could not leave Tephra until he knew that she was safe. Diavoli's protectiveness made him nervous and he found himself concerned that some ill will might have befallen her.

@[Diavoli]

Messages In This Thread
    My Waking Daydream || AuroraElis - by Hephaestus - 04-21-2018, 07:42 PM
    RE: My Waking Daydream || AuroraElis - by Diavoli - 04-24-2018, 08:23 AM
    RE: My Waking Daydream || AuroraElis - by Diavoli - 05-01-2018, 08:29 PM
    RE: My Waking Daydream || AuroraElis - by Hephaestus - 05-13-2018, 03:16 PM