• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my words are unerring tools of destruction; Wolfbane
    my words are unerring tools of destruction
    Finally, finally, Gansey feels he is beginning to become an adult. For whatever reason, unlike his siblings, the grullo boy had stayed pony-like and fluffy well into his two-year-old year. Now as autumn comes upon them, and with it just the barest hint of fall chill to Tephra, he feels he might be catching up to them, or in some cases, staying just slightly ahead. He is no longer fluffy, though he still has the leggy and ribby undeveloped look of a youngest who has just experienced a large growth spurt. And his wings are no longer padded with downy useless baby feathers but entirely sleek and shiny black, and so much the more useful for it.

That’s not the only change in his life. Valensia has grown up and grown beautiful, and Wilding grown up beside her. And their little brother, Wolfbane, already looks older than the slowly-maturing Gansey. Or perhaps now they will look of an age, despite Gansey being older. But as Wolfbane as grown older, their father has grown snappish and withdrawn, and so Gansey has begun to avoid them. There were many places to see, things to do, at first, but it’s become lonely. He lives for adventures, and they please him, but they have begun to lose some of their shine as the loneliness sets in.

So he comes home in between for longer and longer times, uncertain what to do about his life. Can he settle and serve the Kingdom that gave him his childhood back? The Kingdom that gave him a family? He has never forgotten the slim memories of his birth-mother (a voice, an impression), but his true family is here. Femur, Longclaw, Valensia, Wildling, and Wolfbane. Speaking of, that youngest brother appears beneath him as he glides in and Gansey calls to him, and then banks to circle around and land beside his brother, grinning at his pale-and-blue sibling as he folds his wings and walks the last few steps. “How goes it, brother?”

gansey
    and I've become unequipped with the ability to disarm them

@[Wolfbane]/@[Calcifer]

Messages In This Thread
    my words are unerring tools of destruction; Wolfbane - by Gansey - 04-21-2018, 11:41 PM