• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the lights are gonna find me; grye
    She runs to the edge of the dry area she’s on when he calls, and calls back, and the colt is instantly enthralled. She says she’ll come to him, or rather they’ll come to him, and Grye is glad. He’s not much of a swimmer, though he knows he needs to practice sometime. After all, if he wants to stay and join the Brotherhood when he is bigger he’ll need to pass the test and there’s swimming in the test; but he can’t even try until he’s two, so he has plenty of time to get bigger and stronger before he needs to prove he can do it.

Grye notices that she doesn’t seem to have any trouble swimming, but she’s also not burdened by big old wings (his aren’t that big yet, but they’re also too baby-downy and so they absorb water more than shed it, and it’s just a huge hassle. His heart is in this throat when she trips, but then she’s righting herself and seems fine as she smiles and greets him, the shadowy creature behind her; he spares it a glance of curiosity but he’s seen enough strange things in his short life that he’s not afraid, and he’s way more interested in the filly.

“H-hi!” he stutters, not somewhat shy faced with her right near him. She’s the first person he’s met who isn’t a member of his extended family, other than a super brief encounter with the mare who’d helped him find his parents when he hatched and what if she doesn’t like him? “I’m Grye,” he offers, knowing that an introduction is typically polite. Contrary to what some might believe, his parents aren’t actually heathens, though they do seem to like to give that impression. “You’re, um, you’re a really good swimmer,” he continues with a bashful smile.
    Grye
    Olivier x Dagny
    devin's∇designs

sorry this sucks still getting a feel for him :|

Messages In This Thread
    the lights are gonna find me; grye - by glim - 04-22-2018, 02:18 AM
    RE: the lights are gonna find me; grye - by Grye - 04-23-2018, 11:00 PM
    RE: the lights are gonna find me; grye - by glim - 04-24-2018, 07:25 AM
    RE: the lights are gonna find me; grye - by Grye - 04-27-2018, 06:14 PM