• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound
    She is grateful. Wound speaks easily, tells her some of the pleasurable things that have happened. It comes to a surprise to the ebony woman that there also had been good things she has missed, but she is not less glad about it. And with this, she can relate. “I’m sure she will make you, and Tephra, proud” she tells her friend with an encouraging smile, and she surprises herself that she even reaches out to lightly touch Wound’s shoulder in silent support. She knows how heart it is for a mother’s heart to be away from her child. And in her case she had only herself to blame.

The truth in Wound’s words make Amorette chuckle lightly, but she isn’t sure if the sound sounds joyful or heart-wrenching. She nods nonetheless, her gaze directed at the horizon again, because looking at Wound is too painful. And she, still, is afraid of what she would see. “You are a great mother, you’ve done wonderful with Wishbone..” It is not a lie, but Amore’s heart hurts at the truth that she cannot say the same about herself. The pause in their conversation is awkward, at least to Amore, as she can’t speak for Wound.

It stretches longer after Wound is finished speaking. Somewhere along the lines Amore’s eyes had closed, and the ebony woman does all she can to keep her breathing calm and easy, though she feels the tears ready to be spilled again. “I’m sorry.. Wound.. I’m so, so sorry..” For not being here. For abandoning Tephra. For failing everyone. For everything in general. But then, much softer, but genuine, as her voice reveals the tears that are on the edge of falling. “I.. I have missed you too. And everybody else.”

Slowly her eyes open, and before she even knows it her dark eyes are searching Wound’s gaze. Her lips are drawn in a thin line, her eyes glazed over by unshed tears. “I’ve been such a fool..” she admits, shaking her head as if she still can’t believe it herself. “Stupid enough to let a man rule my mind, and heart.”

@[wound]

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by Amorette - 04-22-2018, 03:14 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 04-25-2018, 06:28 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 05-20-2018, 10:44 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by Amorette - 05-22-2018, 02:55 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 05-25-2018, 07:19 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 06-04-2018, 01:34 AM