• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she learned a lesson back there in the flames; any

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The roan takes her answer for granted, nodding to her. It is the common answer. ”But what to do with those you’ve met that you can’t name strangers yet you don’t know yet if they’re friend or for?” Like himself? Maybe. But it is aimed in a more general direction, because he thinks that she keeps up her armor out of habit moe than anything else. ”What if you scared away only the gentle friendly souls and only the brave, stupid, and dangerous remain to approach you?” he wonders, perhaps she needs to think that through.

His attempts at small talk seem to hurt the molten silver mare - perhaps he has triggered a bad memory. Perhsps that is why she is as she is today, and he doesn’t want to ask about it. What’s past is past. But she attempts to converse anyway, and he smiles at her for that. Perhaps another joke will lighten her heart today, if briefly, or perhaps she will walk away - but he has no other way, she doesn’t seem willing to roamce after all. ”Flaunting, of course.” he grins. He adds a little more seriously, ”and the fact that I can’t sit still for more than a day should do it, too.”
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Cordis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she learned a lesson back there in the flames; any - by Leilan - 06-08-2018, 03:56 PM