• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she learned a lesson back there in the flames; any

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    He cocks his head at the mare. So damn serious.

A little too much to his taste, but that doesn't prevent him from having a perfect good time while talking to her. She responds to him, in a way, and he's dead-set on drawing her out of her shell just a tiny little bit. So her tiny smile could as well be a huge burst of laughter to his taste. It doesn't matter as long as she doesn't mind him being the silly one.

She says she missed a lesson growing up, and it seems to him she must have missed more than one. But that's okay. "I'll teach you, then." It's ridiculous that one as young as he should have to teach her anything - anything but live a little because what she has done so far, it seems to him, is surviving. But surviving is easy. Just keep breathing and get enough food and water.

The way she says he's strange makes him grin. It doesn't sound bad, with that tone. And best of all she agrees to step out of the shadows. "Here we go, then." he nods to her, his last bit of serious tone, then turns and trots a while away, back into the sunlight.

He waits for her a moment, half-turns because he expects her to be slower. For a moment, he's just standing there looking around - then he's quickly on his hind feet and outs a daring whinny to the field of horses. Look at me then. I dare you to not be happy.

Landing on his four feet again, he snorts, contempt. "And now we run." Horses, after all, are herd animals, and the way he's attracting attention, there will be a large bunch of followers. He waits for Cordis to give the signal, but expects nothing less than that she will go along with the plan.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Cordis] it's super old but I love it anyway so, let's chase the sunrise in the end xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she learned a lesson back there in the flames; any - by Leilan - 08-08-2018, 04:51 PM