• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but I have promises to keep [Scorch, Hestia, Any]
    “Firstly, I don’t mind at all,”she says in response to Scorch’s remark about her not minding listening to the barren mare’s wisdoms.  “Secondly, I don’t believe you in the slightest,” Breckin chastised in the friendliest way she could verbalize.  There was a who, what, when, where, why and how that remained yet to be revealed pertaining to Scorch’s death story, and some day she would find out before her dying breath.  The spotted mare took a momentary breath before acknowledging the Queen’s remarks about her diplomatic ranking.  Her head dipped in an affirming nod, “Thank you, Scorch….or Queen Scorch?  Your majesty?  I’m afraid I’m at a loss here.  What is the proper way for me to address you now given the situation?  And I will make some trips back to the Field to check for possible recruits.”

The sovereign moves on to address Breckin’s interpretation of the encounter with Leilan.  Not entirely sure how she felt about imagining herself birthing eleven children, the leopard woman tries to offer a small smile, though in reality it probably came across a nervous expression.  “That many, huh?”  For a moment she allows the consideration to settle into her mind further, and is surprised how the idea of motherhood is not entirely off-putting.  Perhaps someday with the right person… she muses inwardly, jumping slightly when her heart pushes an image of a roan colored stallion before her mind’s eye.  Giving a shake of her tangled locks, she attempts to refocus her thoughts for the conversation at hand as Scorch begins to answer her question.

Returning listless ears to an upright position, she solemnly listened to her friend’s words, meeting her vibrant gaze whenever she offered it.  Until Scorch gets to the bit about other people’s eyes hurting from looking upon her ‘crispiness.’  It’s obviously a jibe at herself, but Breckin cannot help the small roll of her eyes.  “Oh please.  If anything your appearance is a fine display of resilience I would hope that all Nerinians should seek to strive for.  Myself included.”  She smiles warmly then, “I appreciate that you are comfortable enough to share your thoughts with me.  And I would indeed prefer to hear that you are happy with where you are at, not at a subject though, but as a friend.  However I will take solace in knowing that you are at least at peace.  Perhaps after Wishbone assumes the throne, you can return to where you are happiest.”  She bumps her nose into the older mare’s scarred shoulder, “If there is anything I can do to assist you, you only need ask.”

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but I have promises to keep [Scorch, Hestia, Any] - by Breckin - 05-29-2018, 06:07 PM