• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Porcia/Any
    @[Porcia]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

"It's no fault of yours," Scorch interjected upon hearing Porcia's apology, but she listened on to what the mare had to say about the lagoon. She smiled, happy to be the one introducing others to new things for once in her life...

After all, for Scorch, it had been the opposite. Until the adoption of her daughter, Philomena, she'd never graced the sands of Nerine's beaches, instead drawn to what little forests there were dotting the inland. She would always look for some semblance of the Jungle in her new cliff-side home; but when her daughter had shown her the beauty of the cliffs and of the sea, Scorch couldn't help but to admit that yes, there was beauty here, too. And by all means, the constant crashing of the waves reminded her of the Jungle's eternal cacophony.

But the conversation flowed past this trivial thing, and Scorch's expression changed from gentle lagoon-lounger to that closer to her true position here: head of peace, second to the Queen, amazon Legend. The curve of her smile settled into a hard line, and the red-yellow of her dragon eyes sparked like kindling. Looking for me, hey? She thought to herself. As of yet, none of the diplomats had approached her like this - but perhaps, she ought to have approached them. Still, she's thankful to Porcia - and if anything, she only proved her willingness more by seeking out Scorch herself.

"When I am next needed to visit another kingdom, I shall be glad to have you accompanying me, Ambassador." The other's new title rang true in Scorch's mouth; Porcia deserved the promotion Hestia had granted her. "As for further duties, those of the diplomat rarely change - the difference between an ambassador and a trainee is the intensity with which they attack their prescribed duty. What I mean to say is, if you feel called to steal, steal with an intention, and as often as possible. If you feel called to recruit, do so upon every available opportunity." After a moment, she added a final thought. "And frankly, if you're interested in being well rounded, challenge someone. Perhaps an Ischian brother, if not a Nerinian sister - I wouldn't recommend going in for the kill on one's first try, though I mean that in the nicest way."

Exhaling, Scorch was glad for the other mare to being speaking again, giving her a chance to shut her gob for more than half a breath. When she realized what Porcia meant, a knowing and foxy grin split Scorch's lips - ah, so she wasn't the only one getting laid these days. And no, it was too early in the season for Porcia to be showing; but that's doesn't mean that Scorch didn't have a feeling, anyway.

"Congratulations are in order then," Scorch allowed - and just as those words left her, the pair came upon the lagoon. It was a wide body of water nested in birch and pine trees that offered plenty of shade from the overhead sun. Without much warning, Scorch surged into the shallows and then some, until she stood with the cool water up to her withers. A sigh of relief escaped her noisily, and as the silence continued between them, she bent her head to take a deep drink. That's better now.

Straightening, she made her way back to the topic at hand. "As for me - well, my husband and I are trying for number eleven." She smiled to say it, feeling her stomach clench in response. Then, a chuckle rumbled from her broad chest, disturbing the stilled water. Her brow cocked in Porcia's direction. "A little different than number one, hey?" For as far as she knew, the mare before her had yet to foal.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Porcia]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Porcia/Any - by Scorch - 04-23-2018, 11:00 PM