• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's no remedy for memory; wound

I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
    your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head.

She rises in the early hours of the morning. The days were becoming colder, as autumn began to shift closer to the wintery days. The seasons were quick to come and go—time simply had no meaning for Erinys though. She had no obligations or anything to wake up to truly. However, she finds herself of late thinking of her life (perhaps due to the recent event of meeting Hephaestus).

Erinys yawns as she stirs from her slumber. She stretches each leg carefully, rather taking her time from the spot she had spent the night in. With recently returning to the world where she interacts with others, away from the dark hole she harbored herself in the last years, the meadow has become her home.

It was a home nevertheless for now.

The black mare pulls herself away from the shading of the tree she slept upon. She casually makes her way into the more open space of the meadow. Her stomach growled and rumbled to be feed, and so she searches for something to eat. Her nose digs through what remains eatable in the meadow as the vegetation becomes lacking during this time of the year.

Erinys finds a rather decent spot. She takes a couple bites of the grass. Curiously, and mostly absent-mindlessly she glances up. The black mare scans the horizon of the meadow with amber eyes. Her eyes eventually land upon another mare, but something familiar (perhaps it might just be a mistake) catches her eye.  She swallows her last bite, and moves towards the mare.

When she reaches a comfortable distance, she stops. It is a bit further away than normal strangers might stand when greeting another as Erinys has not always been so confident when coming up to others. “Uh,” she begins, finding her voice awkwardly, “I might be mistaken, but I think we might know each other.” Erinys swallows hard for a moment, and softly smiles at the other mare. “Are your brothers Malfunction, Skid, and Smear?” Erinys could never forget their names—they had been the first group of horses she met that were somewhat of a kinship to her.

“Sorry,” she says, “I’m Erinys.”

Erinys
    pazuzu x ripley
    html © shelbi | character info: here | character reference: here

@[wound]

Messages In This Thread
    there's no remedy for memory; wound - by Erinys - 04-23-2018, 07:41 PM