• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's no remedy for memory; wound
    T
    hey are kindred hearts, Wound perhaps a few steps ahead of Erinys. The majority of the silver bay’s life has been spent in seclusion, alone aside from the protective company of her brothers. They led a gypsy life (her brothers might still, she hasn’t seen them in years), sporadically traveling from one abandoned forest to the next. Her childhood was spent playing among cobwebs and decomposing leaves and at night she would nestle into the throng of her brothers sides and dream of friends and lovers and a world without staring, accusing eyes.

It had taken her a while — years, in fact — to depart from her brothers and then a few years after that to finally take those first steps into the Field. Those bittersweet, tender movements had led her to Femur and then to Tephra, on and on into the brilliant life she has now. Perhaps that is why she offers her home to Erinys; there is a kinship between them that isn’t built upon blood or family, but upon the beginnings of their lives.

A soft smile finds Wound’s face when the dark mare accepts her offer. Clawing hands of doubt and apprehension gripping her stomach dissolve away, intent on showing their twisted fingers on another day. She deals with this cycle endlessly — the ugly head of paranoia with the pressing body of anxiety and the stomping feet of doubt attempting to suffocate the bravery and relief from her lungs. It rarely wins (except for that terrifying moment in the Forest, when Hephaestus’ broad, dark chest had accepted her as she heaved irregular, panicked breaths), but she still suffers from the pressure in her chest and the erratic racing of her mind.

“I can assure you Tephra is nothing like the meadow or the forest.” The volcanic island has become her paradise, so familiar to her that she can trace the trails and smell the ash and brine in her dreams. If Erinys decides to stay, Wound will consider herself the Femur for this woman’s life-story but if not, she can only hope that she helped the dark mare take a few steps closer down the path of discovering a fruitful and wonderful life. “My brothers and I lived in the forests when I was a child and when I finally left the shadows, Tephra became my saving grace.”

She can see the hints of sadness in Erinys’ eyes at the mentioning of children. Perhaps she has never found the right man to be a father to her children or perhaps her womb is incapable of carrying such treasures. Wound feels pity swallow her heart like a dark, compassionate mouth and she reaches forward to touch the mare’s shoulder with her silvery nose. “She’s been my greatest light,” she says softly. The silver bay doesn’t pressure Erinys further, but empathy mingles with the coffee-brown of her gaze.

“Speaking of Tephra, I should be getting back.” The tension that has settled across Beqanna is as heavy as the weight of a tiger upon their shoulders. It’s undesirable to linger past the protected borders of home for too long. “If you’d like to visit now, you’re welcome to come with me. But my home is open to you at any time of day for any reason, Erinys.” Another easy, sunny smile finds her mouth before she turns with a final touch to the dark mare’s shoulder and then turns toward the trail leading to Tephra.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Erinys] / yeah so if erinys decides to come with her, you can just post an opener in tephra and tag wound and i'll reply!! or she can visit whenever, haha. feel free to reply back or just leave it as is, but i figured this was a good place to wrap things up <3

Messages In This Thread
    there's no remedy for memory; wound - by Erinys - 04-23-2018, 07:41 PM
    RE: there's no remedy for memory; wound - by wound - 06-03-2018, 05:03 PM