• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Save Me From Myself || Kagerus

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    His approaching footsteps are the only sounds that indicate his presence, for the first while. The fog of our colliding dreams mingled into an opaqueness that obscured what each of us saw in turn - but just around the bend in the river I think I glimpse a mother and a child, colourful and red - but the happy image is tainted with an aura of pain and desperate longing. I look away from it, eyes straining to find the lost soul wander amidst this dreamscape.

My name is Hephaestus, comes his words - and as they fade into the void between us, I see him more wholly, though the vision remains yet blurred. Perhaps it is because we are not close in the real world - but just close enough for this chance encounter to tether and bind the sinews of our mental selves together, even just momentarily. For a moment can last an eternity, should you dream it so.

"I'm Kagerus," comes my answer, and I step closer to him. The fog trembles around us as if with life, and I realize that my sleeping body must be fumbling through the river, sleep walking towards this Hephaestus as commanded by the way my dreamself wants to put the man into perspective. As of now, he is but a black figure, blurred, especially around his face.

"Your dreams are not happy," I allow quietly, searching for his eyes in the shadowed obscurity of his face. "Why is that?" A strange tone enters my voice that I've not heard before, child-like and wanting and timidly curious. My nose reaches for his, but where solid touch should occur, I feel only the slightest sensation, like the wind against my skin. Perhaps he will feel more; perhaps not...

@[Hephaestus]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-17-2018, 04:25 PM