• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Save Me From Myself || Kagerus
    Hephaestus
    Eyes closed he is reduced to nothing but a shadowed heap in the field of flowers. His body jerks with the force of his sobs as tears stream into the crevices of his deformity. For well over a year he had done his best to keep his mind from reliving the horrifying truth of his parents’ hatred for him. For the majority of his life he’d been forced to live on the outskirts of society, never accepted and never knowing how it felt to be loved. As a colt it’d been hard to him to understand their abandonment and he held on to the hope that one day they would change their minds as welcome him as their son.

That day never came, and the reality of his existence had weighed heavily upon his heart.

Revisiting the very first moments of his life had done little to console him. Instead, it had served to cement a belief that he’d held close to his heart.

He felt the shift rather than saw it and, as the wind settled he opened his eyes, blinking away the heat of his tears. The mare, now fully revealed to him, was crying breathlessly effected by the image he had inadvertently shared with her. Stilling herself he waited patiently as she composed herself. Gazing upon him an image appears within his head. The horse he sees is a stranger to him, though he knew that she meant it to represent himself. Tall and black and proud he stood as a perfect representation of the Friesian race. He is breathtaking beautiful with two brown eyes that glisten with pride. Hephaestus’ heart ached with the realization that he could never mirror the individual she’d showed him. For a moment he is insulted, curious as to why she would show him something that could never be, but then she is pressing herself against him. Her embrace is comforting, and he submits to it, sensing that the gesture was just as much for her as it was for him.

Her face is buried into his neck as she speaks and, even though he knows there is truth to her words, they fill him with an emptiness. He’d lived his life constantly trying to separate himself from the hate shown to him by his parents. He’d taught himself to love, to trust and to accept himself. He found those things difficult and every day he reminded himself to keep trying – to keep moving forward. Even when the voices told him that he was worthless, that he didn’t deserve to be loved, he’d chosen to push them away and focus on the good he’d discovered about himself. There was still a long journey ahead of him but he was determined to try.

As her voice faded he was unsure if he should thank her or if he should let his silence speak for itself. Her next, however, completely surprise him. She wants him to return with her to Hyaline, the land that he had loved from the moment he’d fist visited it. He reimagined the towering peaks and breathtaking views and he felt the familiar tugging of his heart.

“Lead the way.”
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Kagerus] sounds good to me!

Messages In This Thread
    Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-17-2018, 04:25 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 05-18-2018, 12:58 PM