• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Solace

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    The autumn passed uneventfully for our little sanctuary home, though to say that it was unlively or boring would be untrue. The visitors have been plentiful, and the number of long-term residents rises slowly, too. As the deciduous trees that dot the mountains turn a cherry red and carefully shed their layers, Hyaline subtly grows stronger, a gather force that shall soon take Beqanna by storm.

But for today, the only storm to take me will be that of Solace (bedroom wise I mean) - if I ever manage to find that foolish girl. That lovely foolish girl...

The tight, high-altitude air of Hyaline's mountain top creates a tightness across my lungs that I don't quite know how to feel about. Though I'd started my trek upwards while the sky was clear, the closer I come to reaching the peak, the mistier it gets. My eyes scan the clouds anxiously, wondering if Solace will be able to spot me through the gathering fog; but she has yet to miss me when I present myself out in the open like this. My sunshine queen is wont to stay by my side most nights, though of late she's been preoccupied with what I assume are political duties.

But tonight! Tonight that changes. As the setting sun falls lower and lower on the horizon, further obscuring me in clouds, I raise my horned head and call for her in a lyrical, echoing tone that travels all the way to the lake basin. There's a skip to my step and a smile to my face, knowing that before the moon has risen, my beautiful lover will be nestled into the crook of my neck as is her rightful place.

And in the fragile cage of my ribs, my heart beats with a naivety I'd thought I'd learned to kill - for I love this darling girl beyond question, and I have allowed her to take my heart into her small, cruel hands, without even a second thought to how she might handle its sensitive, trusting tissue. Naive Kagerus; when will she learn...

@[Solace]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Solace - by Kagerus - 04-24-2018, 11:40 PM