• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Stained White - any

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    The radiant woman - swath in blood, host to the parasite of rape - complies with the mindlessness that many victims take on post-trauma. My heart hammers in my chest, both with fury and heartbreak. I brought Ilma here, to Hyaline. In a way, that makes this my fault - but I do not dwell on that, knowing that the thought is selfish. Instead, I lower my body next to hers, careful not to touch her more than she allows, but attempting to hold her as much as I can.

Gone now. I want to scream, but instead I only whisper: "His name, Ilma. Tell me his name." It's a soothing tone I use now, as I attempt to calm the mare into slumber; but inside, a plan is already brewing.

When her next question comes, it shocks me out of my angry revere; Tahti? Does Ilma not remember? I frown in concern, but reach down and press the mare's head back to the earth, adding the weight of mine to her neck. "She is safe in Nerine, dear Ilma. I promise you that." Inhaling, I call my powers to mind, and already the heaviness of sleep presses into our skin. "For now, sleep."

And in our dreams, her wounds are healed - and they shall be upon reawakening. I allow her to guide the dream as she wishes, but I carefully censor her subconscious, stopping any memories of the trauma to leak into the soft, sweetly-scented scene. Tahti is there, and the lighting is soft. I smile to see her feeling better - but I know that it will end when I can no longer keep us asleep.

The least I can do is heal her wounds and give her a final night's good rest, before I am no longer mentally able to guide her sleep so strictly. The least I can do is be her friend, when the worst has become her.

@[Ilma] let me know if I need to change anything Smile Also, let me know in the cbox if you're going to reply; if you're not (which is totally fine!) I'm going to assume that Ilma told Kag his name Smile
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Stained White - any - by Ilma - 04-25-2018, 04:02 AM
    RE: Stained White - any - by Kagerus - 04-25-2018, 07:07 PM
    RE: Stained White - any - by Ilma - 04-28-2018, 02:54 AM
    RE: Stained White - any - by Kagerus - 04-28-2018, 02:56 PM