• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    She had not expected Hyaline to be, well, beautiful. The woodlands that covered the mountainside were ablaze with the colors of autumn, and there was a rejuvenating crispness to the air. When the breeze shifted and tangled in her mane and swept into her lungs it felt like it went straight to her blood and bones. She could feel her heart doing the strange flutter it did when she felt happy. It was something she hasn’t felt since arriving at Beqanna. It frightened her. Even though most of her memories of her old home had been drowned in the sea that washed her here, she cannot recall ever feeling happy. It was almost an instinct to her that this fleeting happiness should be served as a warning.

Still, she was grateful that she had followed Kagerus here. The painted mare didn’t have to try very hard to convince Briseis to give Hyaline a try. She had grown tired of her lonesome nights and drifting days, and she could only hope that being here she would perhaps find some sense of purpose. It seemed to her that everyone she met in Beqanna had something, be that a peculiar trait that set them apart, or a land or another soul they were devoted to. They had their histories and their legends. And then there was her - simple, plain, even boring. She doesn’t have family here, no one to fall back on. She has been utterly alone in every sense of the word.

On top of a hillside she stops, surveying the strangers that mill about below. The low afternoon sun glints off the surface of the lake, and the glittery light catches her attention. But instead of moving towards it she remains where she is, a sudden case of nerves and stage fright over coming her. In her old home it was never a good idea to waltz into someone else’s herd land without being properly invited, and without Kagerus nearby to reassure that she was indeed welcome here, she remains frozen on the spot.

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

My disclaimer to all: I only can post from my phone and never have any privacy to post at home, so typically I do short and fast posts at work. Sorry for any typos and lack of creativity.

Messages In This Thread
    You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Briseis - 04-27-2018, 03:20 PM