• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    It does not surprise him when Kagerus comes to join them. The auburn and ivory mare’s figure is familiar as he turns to the approaching hoofsteps behind him, a soft whicker of greeting offered to her as she comes closer. He quickly notices the vibrant flower between her teeth, and the man’s cerulean gaze warms as another smile flutters across his pale lips, a knowing look on his handsome face. She is in a wonderful mood (he has not seen her in any other kind since their first meeting beneath the willow, and he is glad that whatever had been ailing her is now gone from her eyes), carefully placing the orange bulb into the tangled mess of his blue and alabaster mane. He even curves his neck a bit for her, dazzled by yet another display of good faith between them both, grinning at the ebony mare with sparkling eyes as Kagerus’ finishes. Svedka tosses his head slightly for good measure, his mane now adorned with the hawk feathers, the cornflower, and now the panther lily. He chuckles deeply, his nose wrinkling playfully at the newcomer as Kagerus’ words find his ears.

“Yes,” he agrees, his voice light and steady as his gaze continues to keep on the dark mare before them, a small laugh leaving his throat at the realization that Kagerus did not expect herself to ever say such a thing. Kagerus then moves to stand beside her, and though his ear trains on his friend as she gives them both introductions, his eyes remain on Briseis. The woman compliments the newest flower to his mane, and he bobs his head in response. “Thank you, Briseis. Kagerus always finds the most unique and beautiful ones.” His eyes glimmer as another smile pulls at his lips, a single brow curiously lifting as he did so, knowing full well that he was not speaking of the flowers any longer.

Ilma - the sweet and flawless angel that in the back of his mind he realizes he had not seen in many days - remains hidden from the group. Had the stallion caught sight of her, or even her scent, he would not have hesitated to bring her towards them, or even dismiss himself from the newest visitor to greet his friend. Perhaps the way Kagerus positions herself now - facing Hyaline instead of away from it, like Svedka currently is - she would spy the brilliant white of Ilma’s body, and voice something about it to Svedka, so that he may do what he does best - care for his dearest friends.

The newcomer is still a bit nervous and unsure (Svedka always wonders as to why they are, since those feelings are completely foreign to him), but he makes sure to that his expressions are that of understanding. He knows that his life has so far been a blessed one, and is not silly enough to expect that everyone else will be as trusting and comfortable as he is. “I have lived in Beqanna my entire life, Briseis. I think perhaps I would be living somewhere else by now, but my sister” (his gaze glances to Kagerus for a moment) “is who keeps me here in Hyaline. I’ve been here with her for a few years now.” His bright blue eyes are back on Briseis. Solace keeps him grounded. “What of you?”
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Svedka - 04-29-2018, 09:32 AM