• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Let the Ocean Take Me [Maugrim]
    The water’s edge is where she finds most comfort nowadays. 

Tephra was growing on her, and the thought of Ischia slowly faded into the background of her mind. And while she’d never forget her island abode, she was starting to feel content with the volcanic lands and its people. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, and she could finally feel herself growing happy again. Like she cared again. 

Water laps around her knees as high tide rolls in. The presence within her abdomen is hard to ignore, but unlike her first time, she is content with the stirring child within her belly. She talks to it, now and then, when she is alone (which is increasingly common now, with Durotan so busy around the kingdom). She hopes she can do better to protect this one from hurt than she was with her previous two. 

The water is lukewarm as autumn wraps Tephra in a tight embrace. The changes are subtle, like they were in Ischia, only a slight drop in water temperature and a more crisp breeze. Fog billows atop the water, and for a moment, she’s hypnotized by it - how it taunts the water, barely touching it, how it moves in motion with the waves. She smiles, submerging herself a little deeper, unaware of the dangers that lurked beneath...

@[Maugrim]

Messages In This Thread
    Let the Ocean Take Me [Maugrim] - by Krone - 04-27-2018, 05:59 PM
    RE: Let the Ocean Take Me [Maugrim] - by Maugrim - 04-27-2018, 06:36 PM
    RE: Let the Ocean Take Me [Maugrim] - by Krone - 05-01-2018, 03:33 PM
    RE: Let the Ocean Take Me [Maugrim] - by Maugrim - 05-02-2018, 04:32 PM