• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Warrick

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    I'm settling my nerves and forcing my hooves to stay connected to the earth for more than a split second when I hear the drumming of his approach. Swallowing and closing my eyes, I inhale deeply, hold it, and let it out. When my eyes reopen, he's right there galloping towards me, and for a moment I flashback to our battle when he'd first charged me. I can't help the slight flinch when he pulls up by unfurling his wings in the same way, too, but I manage to stay rooted to the spot, repeating the words this isn't a battle this isn't a battle this isn't a battle over and over to myself until at last he stands before me, bobbing his head in a confused but friendly manner.

Well, he hasn't attempted to kill me yet - but we shall see what we shall see come the end of this interaction.

Kagerus, comes his unwavering voice, those eyes (identical to hers) meeting mine with a ferocity that I find myself suddenly able to match. The way he stares, with an intent, reminds me that I am not some flippant queen's-girlfriend. I am Hyaline's Protector, I am an official, one worthy of respect and admiration. Even if I am screwing his daughter, too - but it's more than that, and that's what I'm looking to emphasize here. If I ever manage to make myself talk about it at all.

"I figured that now suited the journey better than in a month's time, your majesty," I offer, glancing pointedly to the red-yellow leaves littering the very ground we stand upon. "Winter will be upon us sooner than I'd like." Yes, good job Kagerus, talk about the weather of all fucking things. Really go to town on that one. Yes, king Warrick, I have traveled from afar to tell you that the seasons will, in fact, go on to switch again this year as they did last! Outrageous I know! Good day to you now and fare well!!

A split second passes after my words as these thoughts bombard me, but it is not long enough to cause any concern. The pupils in my nutmeg eyes subtly refocus on the bay king's face, and I continue steadily. "Though this isn't the only reason for my journey, I'd like to let you know that I have been assigned the role of Hyaline's Protector - general of her army, though there isn't much of one yet."

I smile easily, falling back on my excellent diplomacy to support me as I prepare myself for the... less diplomatic information.

"Though you and I have battled - an experience I greatly enjoyed I might add - I feel that it would be rather fun and beneficial to encourage challenges between our kingdoms, with friendly consequences, such as 'come visit for a day' or 'come have a conversation with me in the meadow.'"

My spiel ends, and when I go to talk about her, it's like there's something wrapped around my throat. I almost choke, but manage to instead just remain silent; an awkward point to just end on all of the sudden, but as I maintain that severe eye contact with my lover's father, I just absolutely cannot bring myself to speak another word.

@[Warrick]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Kagerus - 04-27-2018, 11:57 PM