• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Warrick
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    He had come to her swiftly, on edge, nostrils flaring as he perceives her with a quick up and down of his ocean-eyes, the smell of salt and sun and ash coming from the fluttering of his navy feathers to his auburn sides. His sense of duty never seems to dull, but when he finds her gaze, his eyes are found shadowed by a hooded brow. There is a tenseness in her body and it confuses him (concerns him, even). He had met the Protector first on the battlefield as a formidable opponent, who had easily taught the osprey-king a bit more about the dance of battle than he had previously known. He holds a respect for the maroon and ivory mare since that day, and not just as a soldier from his daughter’s kingdom.

Kagerus speaks, and he is ready to listen intently. Blue-tipped ears swivel as her words fall into the humidity of Tephra’s sweltering heat, which will remain that way throughout all the seasonal changes outside his country. “An army?” the Overseer echoes, for a moment his heart overshadowing his role of leader. It is the father that speaks now - a concerned one, at the idea of Solace gathering a group of defenders, but soon the worried lines of his face soften into a simple understanding. With Kagerus as General, she will be protected by someone he knows will not back down easily. “Good,” he says, recovering from his fatherly instincts and returning to the Overseer that everyone knows. “Smart. The rumors are flying fast, but it is always better to be prepared for the worst.” He pauses here, knowing that his own army needed his attention as well, this conversation reminding him that though his heart also resides in Hyaline, his first priority is Tephra.

“I would have to agree, Kagerus,” he replies with a swift dip of his head, “we must meet again on the grounds soon - for sport, of course.” Here is where he smiles - the first time in the entire conversation - and though it is small, it is gentle and warm on his cobalt lips. “I would love nothing more than for my soldiers and guard to practice their skills on others besides the family they have here. I will inform them immediately that Hyaline would be more than willing to accommodate, as would we for your privates.” He inhales sharply here, his smile fading as he grows serious once more. “No trouble from Sylva yet, I hope?”
    Warrick

@[Kagerus]
    He has no idea what is about to happen during this conversation I'm dying

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Warrick - 04-28-2018, 07:06 PM