• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Warrick

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    What he has to say about Sylva and their chaos passes completely over my head as the words I need to say come to the tip of my tongue, jostling for position nervously. Perhaps if I had a leveler head, I would be able to at least offer some trivial bit of information in return - but as his blue-tipped ears flick forwards in interest to the beginning of my spiel, I know he'll forgive me the absent-mindedness.

At first, a slight frown colours his expression, and I feel as though I will be sick. I miscalculated the nature of our relationship, he's going to say no, you'll be banned from Hyaline, abort abort abort abortabortabort --

But the expression softens to one of surprise, mouth slightly open - a good look for a king - and eyes blinking a little more than usual. As I come to the end of my words, tears threatening to spill, I figure that if he is to kill me now - for surely I must die for being wrongly in love with his daughter - that at least he can tell Solace it was in pursuit of her that I breathed my life.

(Seriously, enough with the melodrama! Listen, he's not even mad you foolish girl.)

My own mouth drops open upon hearing his words, but I click it shut quickly as I realize that I'd better pull it together if I want this to continue in the manner it's going. Shushing all the wound-up voices in my head, I take on a serious expression myself, stepping closer to Warrick - because what we speak of is intimate, and our voices are low; somber murmurs of love in a time when such a thing is scarce.

If you are her happiness, who am I to argue?

And in this moment, I know that I am - and even when I shall find out that she is pregnant with another man's children, that knowledge will remain steadfast. We are each others. A resplendent smile of gratitude spreads my dark lips, my head nodding as a choked sound of agreement comes from my constricting throat as the tears continue to come. When he mentions our loves for her rivaling however, I outright laugh - though it sounds somewhat like a sob, too.

"I could never hope to love her as you do, Warrick. But I hope that one day I could earn even a morsel of that affection from you." My voice comes more steadily now, and my eyes clear of tears; but as they look up into Warrick's, they speak what my mouth cannot: I see you as a father figure. Despite the fact of our ages (I may well be older than the king), he is Solace's father, and I look to him in the same way that she does.

"I'm glad you see it that way, because it's true," I murmur, smiling more easily now that the tension has completely left the air of our conversation. "She means everything to me." My world, my star, my galaxy - it is the void of her being that welcomes my drifting, chaotic soul with soothing and comforting words. There is no where I would rather lay my head than the soft crest of her celestial bosom.

Shifting my weight, I glance behind me, and then back to the pegasus. "Thank you so much for seeing me, Warrick, and for... Listening." I smile a little. "We will definitely be in contact again, about Sylva, and our warriors - and the love that ties us both to Solace now, too. But I'd best be getting back to her." The last sentence reveals the nerves I have at leaving my lover's side, even though I force myself to do so often for the benefit of Hyaline. But Warrick will understand, of that I am sure.

I hesitate only a moment, with my eyes locked on his, before stepping forward and pressing my muzzle to the curve of his left shoulder, our chests gently connecting - a physical touch very unlike that one's we'd shared during battle. "Thank you, sir," I murmur there, between the threads of his navy mane. Then, stepping back and meeting his gaze significantly one more time, I turn to head home, to tell Solace of the good news.

@[Warrick] Thought I would wrap this up <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Kagerus - 05-02-2018, 11:26 PM