• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone
    I hope that you catch me, ‘cause I’m already falling
    Ilma

Ilma has been shaken up by the recent events that, not too soon after leaving her daughter in Nerine on perhaps a slightly tensioned base, caused her to retreat. But no more - she's done with that, it doesn't help her, doesn't make the baby magically disappear, doesn't undo the fact that she will carry life once again. And never again does she want to approach a male in fall, at least, that's how she feels now.

With winter pouring it's crystal blanket down from the mountains into the valley, the white mare has healed the few shallow wounds and the two cuts on her shoulder from scraping against the rock. She no longer stands out in the snow-covered dale, this is the only season that she doesn't, in fact. She's grateful that Hyaline has a winter worth mentioning; Nerine is much muddier, and Ischia and Tephra aren't too kind to Father Frost. The only alternatives are the common lands and of course, the now overrun forests and hills, of Loess and Sylva - but she imagines she will not set foot there easily any time soon.

But all this does not take away the fact that giving her only daughter away meant that Hyaline received a visitor in return. Sochi is a shifter, she remembers, a tigress that with her orange-black body should stand out in this season. But yet, she hasn't seen the girl very often since the ending of the fall season, and she wonders if she likes Hyaline at all.

This is why she carries her rounding white bodice out of the vale and into the pine trees, sloping upwards. Sochi has been separated from everything she knows, too, and perhaps she wants to learn about what it means to be in Hyaline - apart from just running around the place.

don't let the fear of flying stop you from falling

@[Sochi] figured she should have at least one Hyaline thread xD
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-06-2018, 06:24 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by sochi - 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-09-2018, 12:16 PM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by sochi - 05-19-2018, 08:48 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-21-2018, 06:06 AM