• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone
    It goes in phases. It was exhilarating, at first, leaving her mother and Nerine behind for a new adventure in Hyaline. And then she was homesick - she is only a yearling, surrounded by strangers, away from her mother for the first time. That had led her to shifting, ever braver with the cat, and when she had discovered how perfect the fall and winter mountain jungles were to the cat, it had become a grand adventure again. The horses tended to stay lower in the valley, where it was easier for hooves to trod and there was sweet grass and clear water, but Sochi revels in the sheerest of cliff faces and the tallest of towering trees with horse-sized branches sprouting from them.

She’s plenty warm in the snow, crouched on the top of a particularly flat rock, stalking a family of deer. So far, she’s never been tempted to actual kill and eat anything (her horse is as revolted by the thought of meat and blood as the cat is by eating grass) but she enjoys the games of stalk-and-chase, and her curiosity about the diet of her alter ego grows stronger by the day. There’s an older doe in this herd, the perfect test subject, and her cat is well on its way to winning the argument when the crunch of snow under hooves makes her swivel her head, silver eyes finding Ilma, and she stands up from her crouch.

Of course, when the orange and black tiger appears on top of the rock, the herd of deer flees. Sochi rumbles a friendly greeting to the mare below, but doesn’t shift back yet. There’s no way off of this slice of rock in equine form, not without hurting herself, so it’s in the tigress’ body that she descends the nearly sheer surface, in two great leaps that bring her almost silently to the earth. She’s not as lean as she was, though only part of that is due to age and filling out with muscle; the rest is because she’s simply covered in long hair.

Sochi can speak as a cat, but she rarely does so. With a thought, she’s back in horse form, her coat now a solid sheet of black marred only by the strangely iridescent blue blaze. “Hello,” she chirps the word now, and smiles.
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-06-2018, 06:24 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by sochi - 05-09-2018, 10:46 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-09-2018, 12:16 PM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by sochi - 05-19-2018, 08:48 AM
    RE: ...and I'm home - Sochi, anyone - by Ilma - 05-21-2018, 06:06 AM