• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE!
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    There was once a time when the Brotherhood and Sisterhood was split into their subjective genders. Before Beqanna tore down the foundations of its residents there were the Tundra and Jungle of the Old, crafted from ancient leaders looking to create a haven for their respective gender. And, in truth, this theory could have continued for many years — in fact, it did. But as times change, so do ideals and morals and theories. So must the Brotherhood and the Sisterhood change with them.

Inclusiveness is an important quality to have within a kingdom, for excluding certain beliefs or backgrounds or genders would give the kingdom a pig-headed, egotistical, and ignorant public image. For a certain individual to decide whether a kingdom suits their own personal belief or background or moral compass is one situation, but for a kingdom to purposefully deny a home to someone in need based on their belief or background or gender is another entirely different one.

In terms of physicality, discrimination against sexes based on weight and size can be considered a thing of the past. There have been stereotypes surrounding the proclaimed “dainty, petite, and fragile” appearances of women, when I personally know more women that are built as though they could take down a man just as easily as any other opposite gender. There are plenty of womanly bodies suited for war just as there are plenty of manly bodies suited for diplomacy and the fact that kingdoms might continue to restrict an individual’s personal growth on the basis of their gender rather than their build is old-fashioned and ancient thinking.

Finally, we can be understanding of certain mindsets involving men (as the Sisterhood of the Old often regarded them as sex-driven, stubborn, and irresponsible) and women (as the Brotherhood of the Old often regarded them as male-dependent, whining, and irreversibly optimistic) and how their desires might be to protect their own gender from these stereotypes. But the truth about the matter is this: if there is ever a personal unrest within a kingdom — a supposed danger from a certain individual in their midst — the kingdom should be able to act in the best interest of its people, regardless of gender.

Words: 370.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

Messages In This Thread
    TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Scorch - 05-08-2018, 03:13 PM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Eros - 05-10-2018, 09:29 AM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Reshi - 05-10-2018, 09:55 AM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Leilan - 05-10-2018, 02:28 PM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Wishbone - 05-10-2018, 08:04 PM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by takei - 05-10-2018, 09:07 PM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Jesper - 05-11-2018, 10:48 PM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Viserion - 05-12-2018, 02:16 PM
    RE: TOURNAMENT ROUND ONE! - by Mosrael - 05-12-2018, 02:39 PM