• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    Brennen had so carefully cultivated the air of the somewhat ignorant warrior, dropping the act only amongst his family and closest friends, that he should not have been surprised when some of those he had changed the world of had not bothered to look for something beyond that exterior to see what the warrior-King truly cared about. If they had bothered to look, perhaps Kylin would not be without her kin today, for there was really no reason for any of them to have gone. Not even Krone, though her departure is the one he understands best.

The purple mare says she misses them, and Brennen gives a little ‘hm’ of acknowledgement, and glances across the open horizon where her gaze is fixed. “Tephra is not so far away,” he answers after a moment, voice quiet. “And Ischia maintains a friendly relationship with that Kingdom, even now. I’m sure they would welcome you for a visit.” It’s one of the easiest points to cross to the mainland, at low tide, and the easiest swim if you are to cross when the water is high. Brennen has a strong interest in keeping Tephran-Ischian relationships friendly, even if he didn’t find himself liking their diplomat and their King, as well as having Warrick’s daughter Solace a close friend.

She still won’t look at him, and he has to flick his ears forward and focus to catch her rushed words, though perhaps he could have guessed what they would be. He doesn’t rush right to assurances, because that would be the too-honeyed-sweet taste of falsity. The truth is usually the better answer. “As long as you offer no harm to the Brotherhood, no one is going to ask you to leave your home.” Is what he offers after a pause, but then he gives her an encouraging little smile, and continues. “But Ischia belongs to the Brotherhood now, and full membership is contingent on swearing our oaths. We would welcome you to our ranks, if you are interested.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin - by Brennen - 05-16-2018, 10:12 PM