• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin

Unlike Brennen, she does not understand why they left. Yes, Ischia is under different leadership, but it is still Ischia. Nobody had left when Circinae had disappeared, and Krone had accepted the crown, either, right? Except those who had left in the company of the green and navy she-wolf. Sure, a sudden change of leadership is never fun, but was it a reason to abandon your home? Kylin definitely does not think so, and thus she is still there.

His words have her hum back in return, in the similar way as he had done, and she nods once, before her hazel eye find him out of the corner of her eye. “I might..” she says, she wants to, but is fairly sure that she wouldn’t. Not because she cannot – on the contrary, it is very easy for the lavender woman to travel to Tephra’s shore, no matter what tide it currently is – but simply because fear holds her back. Klaudius had left them – her and their baby – for the sake of his other family. Kylin is afraid to face the reality of that upon visiting Tephra. “Would they be welcome here too?”

Her is flick back, not in aggression or fear, but to catch all the words he speaks. Kylin does not turn to face him right away, giving herself a moment longer to allow his words to really settle in. Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out. Had she really heard that correctly? A soft, relieved sigh escapes past the barrier of her lips and when she bends her neck to settle her hazel gaze upon Brennen, a small – shy – smile lies upon her lips. “Thank you..” she murmurs softly, slowly turning around ninety degrees so she is properly facing him. Her lavender and white head dips ever so slightly. “I – we – won’t be in your way.. Nor will we get involved in anything that might harm Ischia, or the Brotherhood..” she offers. Glancing away for a short second as she realises that her words turn down his offer. Her loyalty is to Ischia, not the Brotherhood, and that is a painful truth that lies between them. At least for now, who knows what the future might hold. For now, her first and sole priority was the child safely hidden in her barrel.

“I.. I’m sorry..” she mumbles, glancing – but not turning – away.

@[Brennen]
    I would love Kylin to get involved with the Broterhood slowly, but consider her idk a permanent visitor of some kind? Since I guess that 'resident' would have to be sworn to the Broterhood?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Kylin - by Kylin - 05-20-2018, 05:28 PM