• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kingdom announcement & activity check - ALL
    Star 

Solace

. . .

Over the last day or two, there has been an extra spring in the young queen's step (despite the widening girth of her pregnant belly) and the care-free melody of her laugh was easy to come by. She had a secret, and it was time that the whole world knew.

Solace glides above the frozen lake, letting out a high whinny which echoes off the mountains. The mid-morning sun warms her back, despite the frigid temperatures, and the pristine snow glitters under its light. The honey-and-cream mare circles once, repeating her call before landing along the eastern bank of the lake in an open place where many could gather.

As Hyaline's residents and harbored arrive, Solace greets them individually. Some who hold back she offers a nod, and others who come forward she walks to meet for an exchange of scents and a quick hello. There are many she wishes to speak to later, to find out how they are adjusting to their new home, and discover their talents and interests. But soon enough have arrived for her to introduce the reason she has called a meeting. 

"Welcome," she calls to those gathered as her cerulean gaze scans the faces of her dearest friends, and the strangers she is eager to meet. "Thank you for coming today, I have something I would like to share with all of you." Her blue gaze falls to Kagerus, and she can't help the smile which brightens her features. 

"For half of my life, I have been the Caretaker of Hyaline. It is a title I hope to carry for as long as it is in this kingdoms best interest for me to do so." She pauses, drawing a breath as she watches the different expressions of those around her. "But from today on, I will not be Hyaline's sole leader. There is someone who will be helping me carry this responsibility, and giving her all to help foster the ideals which Hyaline has come to embody. Most of you know her, many of you may be here because of her, and it is my honored to share this title with Kagerus."

Solace concludes with a warm touch of her muzzle to her lover's shoulder, her eyes shining, as she awaits whatever remarks Kagerus wished to make.

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    kingdom announcement & activity check - ALL - by Solace - 05-08-2018, 09:52 PM