• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Queen of Birds; Taria

What did he do to earn her bitchiness? Maybe nothing. Maybe everything he did was wrong to her. He let's it slide, because he is here to win her over as a friend and nothing more (well okay maybe if she were hinting at it herself, but he wouldn't dare try now that she's been pricking at him with invisible knives) - but that's beside the point. Every member of Loess he's encountered so far seems to take a dislike to him without having talked to him personally so far, and he wonders it is their attitude then, maybe, and not his. Well, not just his anyway - he knows he can come off annoying - it's why he does it, to make sure that he can easily separate the nasty ones from the friendly.

But Taria... she's something in-between. Much like Arthas, at least at first glance. He hasn't spoken to the grey man in a while, he hadn't even gone up to meet with Hestia, who was the queen of his kingdom's sister. Not since their more recent fall-out. But that does not mean he cannot talk to Taria. Perhaps she is a little more open for diplomatics, because Arthas seems to be a too-high-in-the-head warrior king with the tactics of a tree trunk.

Her questions are prying, but if he is honest with himself, logical. He shrugs. "Not today if you don't have time. But next time you're planning to go, maybe I could tag along. I won't bother you as much as I would Arthas." he smiles at her - he's genuine in that. He just wants to take a look in the mysterious Sylvan kingdom if he can, and maybe find Jesper - she doesn't need to be on his back the whole time.

She doesn't get his question for starting over however, laughs at it and tells him he only made one first impression. He nods. "That I know. I'm just hoping you, as a diplomat, would know better than to fare on first impressions only." he tilts his head at her questioningly. She finds the characters who don't put up with bullshit? Does she mean herself?

If she had half the wit, she would have been able to estimate that he actually doesn't put up with bullshit either - not the real kind anyway. Silliness is him through and through, something he can appreciate in another - life is boring if you take it so serious.
    But he's not putting with the kind of bullshit that Arthas spewed lately, about Ischia being their enemy - they weren't, as far as Ischia was concerned, and they probably wouldn't even know how hostile a greeting they'd have to expect when coming here for a visit. They're secluded up that island there, in winter at least, because nobody grew a winter coat in their eternal tropics. He knows Trekori is likely to fly over here soon enough, but with Arthas brewing his own monsters in his mind, he doesn't think the painted colt will be safe, glowing horn or not."Well, neither do I. Pray tell, do you even know why Arthas thinks Ischia is out to get him? You know that's why I'm still here don't you?" He picks up his trot again to align himself with her. He wonders if she can use her brain to tell that Arthas may or may not have it all right up there, thinking Ischia is his personal enemy.

Idiot that he is.

@[Taria] Leilan's being sassy too, sorry. :/
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-11-2018, 01:38 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-15-2018, 07:41 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-16-2018, 03:23 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-17-2018, 08:20 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-19-2018, 05:21 AM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-19-2018, 07:31 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-20-2018, 06:20 AM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Taria - 05-20-2018, 07:22 PM
    RE: Queen of Birds; Taria - by Leilan - 05-21-2018, 01:55 PM