• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Kylin, Any]
    Like he had been waiting for her to come to Tephra, to join him, she had been waiting for him come to Ischia to join her. She does not understand why he had to leave, though the little voice in her head keeps telling her he chooses her family over theirs. He had caressed her so lovingly, he had made her feel like she is special, like she deserved to be happy. And just as easily he had taken it away from her.

For a moment, a short, very sweet moment, she had thought he had come back for her, to stay. They could live their lives, happily and surely Brennen would allow them to stay. He had allowed her to stay, had he not? Even offered her a place among the ranks, which she declined. Perhaps in the future, but not now. Her loyalty is to Ischia, and not her ruler.

The idea of leaving makes her nauseous, and uncomfortable. Sure, she had left Ischia before, to visit Hyaline, twice even, but what he is asking her is to leave permanently. So Kylin shakes her head again, her breath a sharp intake followed by a sob. Pleading her teary hazel eyes search his silver ones, her lower lip trembling. “Can’t you stay? Please, Klaudius, stay..” For me.

Having forgotten her previous anger – though the hurt remains – she leans into him. Her body ghosts after his touch, and her own muzzle reaches out to place soft kisses all over his face. As if that would change his mind, as if that could make him stay. He does not. Tears freely run down her cheeks as she watches him leave. “Guard my heart well..” she half yells, half whispers, after him. He carries a piece of it with him as he leaves.

@[Klaudius]
    Just a reply to wrap it up <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning, Before the Thunder [Kylin, Any] - by Kylin - 05-22-2018, 02:08 PM