• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost to these linens / any
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    Although Wishbone has grown to enjoy her time in Nerine, she cannot help the bored thoughts that linger in her mind when she is not training with Scorch. The cliffside kingdom had already been explored top to bottom by the time the Amazon of the Old called out for the Tephra native, so in her downtime (healing from the sore bruises and minor cuts or recalling debates to improve her thought processes) she finds there is little to do.

But there is much to think about. Wishbone’s thinking never gets her anywhere good either, a product of the mischievousness boiling in her blood. She’s heard of the threat growing in Sylva in passing — though Queen Hestia has yet to announce a meeting to discuss it or the tight alliance with Ischia — and it plucks at the strings of her mind that scream “Let’s do something!” So a day after a recent mock with Scorch (with her withers aching from a dull bite and her haunches sore from a firm kick and her right shoulder scabbing over from a bitter cut) she heads past Nerine’s borders for the first time since her arrival in the summer.

Beqanna’s winters are dreadfully different from Tephra’s, a thing the girl has learned quickly as the season progresses. With Nerine being the northernmost kingdom, Wishbone’s body has had to learn even quicker than her mind. Last winter her growing sides had been slick with an everlasting summer coat, but this time around she is puffy with a warmer layer of protection. Snow frequents Nerine’s frigid cliffs and the girl is thankful for her body’s ability to adapt.

As she travels south, the girl must navigate patches of translucent ice and heavy snowdrifts. Her mind is light despite the aches and pains that ripple through her body as she travels. The thrill of adventure always sits close to Wishbone’s heart and this time is no different than the others. By the time she reaches Sylva’s forested borders, she is dense with exhaustion but glowing with that recklessness she carries with her.

It occurs to her that she’s never actually been to Sylva before. Amber eyes take in the kingdom’s landscape with a sharper interest while she comes to a slow stop alongside the border. Her feet don’t dare cross the line, even as her mind wanders, for instinct and deeply-driven manners are difficult to ignore. Instead, Wishbone settles quietly and allows a heavy, thick sigh to blow past her nostrils and form the smoke of a miniature dragon in front of her mahogany face.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Svedka] / So, because I love ignoring the hundreds of posts I owe and my characters control me, Wishbone is coming to check out Sylva on her own accord in a completely reckless and Wishbone-like decision. Please feel free to creep her out, physically mess with her, and just generally be Sylvans, but eventually Svedka's going to come along. No maiming, murdering, or raping please (inappropriate touching is allowed because this girl is bound to have her sexual awakening at some point, TMI maybe)! <3 Also none of this will be getting out to the "adults" (Scorch, Warrick, Hestia, Wound, etc) so we don't have to worry about political climate, hence why it is labeled "private." This is just for our own fun and Wishbone's development.

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 05-12-2018, 10:52 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Abra - 05-15-2018, 06:50 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Jackel - 05-15-2018, 12:53 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 05-23-2018, 11:30 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Abra - 05-23-2018, 06:45 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Jackel - 06-02-2018, 01:44 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Svedka - 06-05-2018, 06:52 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / any - by Wishbone - 06-10-2018, 04:02 PM