• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Warrick emotes as many men chose not to, vivid in his expressions and clear with his exact feelings towards each new subject that Scorch unexpectedly brought up. She appreciated this blatancy, the lack of a veil; it had taken her years to see as vulnerable a side to her best friend, Brennen, but in an instant she received it from Warrick. They were the same that way: wearing their hearts on their sleeves, unabashedly.

His words came after one such instance of raw emoting, as his hooves brought him closer to the pair of Leviathans when the subject of Wishbone came up. Scorch's mutilated ears flicked forward in earnest interest, keenly listening to exactly what the Overseer had to say; although his opinion would not be the ultimate decider of Wishbone's ascension, it did matter a great deal, to everyone involved. When he clearly approved of the decision, Scorch almost breathed a sigh of relief; but instead, she nodded matter-of-factly, as if she'd expected this gracious acceptance of a sudden change all along.

She smiled at Porcia's comment, glad that her temporary subjects were pleased with the heir she'd chosen for the Nerinian throne - at least, none had expressed any disapproval. Although she would have heard their opinions on the matter, the truth of it was that none of the Nerinians were ready to rule right now except for herself. And she didn't say that out of vanity, but out of experience, wisdom, and calmness. Perhaps Nayl or Djinni could have shouldered the burden too, but neither mare were active enough in the kingdom to warrant such a boost in the ranks.

"We will thrive," She reiterated with a grim smile.
    "Before we are on our way, I will some political intentions clear: I've spoken with Brennen, and we have agreed that a triangular power force between Tephra, Ischia and Nerine will be more than enough to combat the rising darkness. Hyaline, though neutral, will remain at the center of our triangle as a sanctuary, though their warriors are welcome to join our forces. Loess fucked with Ischia, so they are our enemies now - and if you are willing to come into this with us, they will be yours, too."

Shifting her weight backwards, Scorch eyed the horizon and glanced to Porcia. It would be a long walk back. With a heaviness she'd forgotten came with the beauty of the crown, she looked back to Warrick and dipped her head. "I trust that you will consider my words; and of course, you are welcome at Wishbone's coronation, whenever that might be."

Farewell, Warrick."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

You can answer if you'd like but YA GIRL IS SWAMPED and this is basically all that needed to be said. A one liner to let me know Warrick's thoughts works, or just whatever really. Pleasure doing threads with you as always Dar <3
    @[Warrick]@[Porcia]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - by Scorch - 05-19-2018, 09:22 AM