• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the shadow proves the sunshine || brennen, any
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    The interaction between Belgaer and his nephew created a small smile on Warrick’s navy lips. It seems that Ischia is also fond of family ties, much like he is himself. The thought puts him at ease, even though Wound had prepared him readily for the Brotherhood’s intentions. Warrick’s head nods heavily in the direction of Belgaer, pleased with the greeting and deciding that he rather liked the spotted chestnut stallion. “And I know that Tephra will do the same,” he says in response to Brennen’s son, allowing the cerulean of his gaze to flicker towards Brennen himself, their uncanny visual similarities bringing a sparkle of amusement to his eye. They could be mistaken for brothers, perhaps.

Gyre whispers of Tephra’s volcano, and Warrick responds with a wistful smile at the younger boy. It almost confirms his suspicions, hearing the soft voice, that the child had been to Tephra before. “You are welcome whenever the feeling strikes, King Brennen.” He glances down at Gyre momentarily, and then to Belgaer. “And whoever would like to accompany you. It is not as lustrous as Ischia, but you will see that even though vastly different, the tides shift the same.” He smiles, lifting his gaze to the leader of the Brotherhood, affirming Brennen’s words with a slight nod.

“It seems we have more in common than I originally thought, and in similar circumstances. Sylva has stolen one of our refugees, and another is missing. Loess is an enemy of Nerine, by way of Ischia, so in turn is our enemy as well.” Warrick pauses. “Tephra will stand with you, if it comes to keeping back the evil and chaos of the forest and whatever is in Loess. I want to let you know from my own lips that Tephra is more than willing to support this island in any way it can. In any way I can. My country is already allied with your sister-kingdom as well as the sanctuary of Hyaline, whom I trust completely, so extending my loyalty to you and to have that loyalty returned, would be my honor.”

"Also, Brennen, I need you to know that though Tephra houses previous Ischian residents, Tephra and myself are impartial to your rise to power; you followed the laws and I do not rebuke you, so neither does Tephra. There will be no foul play because of bruised egos or homesickness." It needed to be known that he would not allow anyone to influence his decisions with Ischia in the future.
    Warrick

@[Brennen] @[Belgaer]
    YAY alliance /chest bump

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the shadow proves the sunshine || brennen, any - by Warrick - 05-23-2018, 06:14 AM