• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stand where i stood - anyone
    There are few children in Sylva; Kwartz and I seem to be the youngest, and yet I feel eons older than this bright eyed yearling. The smile I give him in return is genuine, and he seems ready and willing to take me to the King. His grandfather, he says, and I begin to suspect that the Brotherhood is as closely bound by blood as by loyalty. How large is this family, I wonder?

The sudden halt and the repetition of 'Sylva', is all too obvious a sign, but the friendly expression on my face doesn't falter, even as the boy turns back and is suddenly far more reluctant to show me to Brennen and to Galilee. Nesting? The term doesn't surprise me, not with the bird-like talons of young Grye, and I pocket the information that Brennen's family might be growing larger still with the spring.

I join him in glancing up and down the empty beach, and do not protest his sudden change in plans.

"Of course," I reply. "I've never seen a tidepool before." I am intrigued by the idea. I know what pools of water are and I have heard of the tides, but the two seem incongruous. Most of the world seems incongruous, of course, for I have seen so very little of it. "How did you decide it was your favorite?"

edited 5/29: since Jesper's time as a captive is almost up and Lepis was here to talk about his captivity, i think wrapping up this thread would make sense? Maybe she and Grye just played on the beach for a bit and she went home? I'm up for whatever Smile

Messages In This Thread
    stand where i stood - anyone - by Lepis - 05-15-2018, 04:47 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - anyone - by Grye - 05-16-2018, 09:41 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - anyone - by Lepis - 05-17-2018, 01:57 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - anyone - by Grye - 05-19-2018, 08:44 AM
    RE: stand where i stood - anyone - by Lepis - 05-20-2018, 09:30 PM