• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  stand where i stood - Kwartz
    Modicum had left no room for misinterpretation. And truthfully, I hadn't been surprised at the required action. This was a test, after all. I spent the afternoon wandering my old home, cautiously seeking out my old haunts. The golden woods seem darker now, though that could reasonably be attributed to the season. 

Horefrost etches the tree trunks and crackles beneath my hooves, and my breaths come in misty clouds as I walk. Taking a moment to be grateful for the wings covering my sides, for the insulation they provide. They make the winter air a bit more bearable as I mull over the task set to me. 

The sun is sinking past the horizon, letting the slivered moon take over with its weak echo of light. A little ways away comes the sound of hooves on wood, then the sound of snow crystals scattering forcefully. A bit vigorous for most of Sylva's current residents. I made the conscious decision to move quietly. Luck seems to be on my side tonight, as my quarry appears through the trees, facing away.

We'd met only briefly, in the company of Jesper, and it takes a moment for me to recall her name. But then it is there, along with her history. Lepis. A female not any older than I, yet she used to rule Loess while my mother ruled here, and left the throne around the same time. In the darkness she is diluted into shades of black and white, a whirl of violence against the elements around her. A pretty tableau. I watch her for a moment, quietly pleased at not having been noticed yet. Just for a moment longer, and then the spell must end. 

I snort just loud enough to be heard. It's rather amazing that she doesn't break a hock spinning around like she does, wide eyes now fixed on me. Good. My face softens at her apparent disconcertion, a slight smile relaxing the muscles of my mouth from their sharp lines. After spending time with my father in Tephra, I have to wonder how it took me so long to realize our shared blood. I could be a paler copy of the man, charm and good looks includedE. Stepping closer, I turn my head to look at her with my good right eye, the dead white one staring out blankly. "Well remembered... Lepis, yes?" I inquired politely. My head dipped in an elegant bow, before offering my nose to her in greeting. "Something's got you bothered." I note mildly, nodding towards the churned up snow where she had been stomping. Perhaps she felt guilt over abandoning her kingdom to an unknown stallion... 

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Lepis - 05-15-2018, 05:39 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Kwartz - 05-16-2018, 12:11 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Lepis - 05-17-2018, 01:41 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Kwartz - 05-18-2018, 11:47 AM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Lepis - 05-20-2018, 09:54 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Kwartz - 05-22-2018, 11:15 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Lepis - 05-24-2018, 09:11 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Kwartz - 05-29-2018, 02:29 PM
    RE: stand where i stood - Kwartz - by Lepis - 05-29-2018, 07:32 PM