• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen
    To have been reunited with her own father would have been a dream in its own to the young Pond. It feels to her that the last time she had seen Anleifr had only been a day or so before, but she is beginning to realize that it has been far, far longer than that. The ground beneath her feet feels different, even though they stand upon sand which to her should have been familiar. The very turn of the planet seems to have changed.

She perks her ears a little too intensely as their conversation begins, watching the mouths of the two older stallions and interpreting their words through the static in her eardrums. When Belgaer tells his father of what Pond is searching for, the king’s expression changes and she wonders why. Even though Belgaer had already told her that the lands were all different, she had hoped that maybe he’d been wrong. Something told her she was the one who’s wrong.

As Brennen explains that the fae had destroyed the lands to rid Beqanna of its prejudices and abuses before. Pond had been educated somewhat in the ways of kingdoms before and the way they never had quite fit together like the puzzle pieces they were, but she’d had such a short time with her parents that she never truly grasped it all. A heavy sigh leaves her lungs and her silvery eyes fall to the ground as she shakes her head slightly in disbelief.

“I didn’t want to believe it…” she mutters, the shadowy wings on her shoulders falling slightly to her sides. Belgaer asks if she remembers anything from before and she thinks back on it, her gaze growing distant. “There was...one of the fae who came to me in the form of a pink unicorn,” her voice is quiet. “She led me to a place she said that she wouldn’t travel alone… That’s where I met a...a shadow foal. It tried to steal my body.” She shudders. “But I was able to destroy it,” at this she laughs a little incredulously and finally looks back up at the other two.

“Do you suppose that is why I was spared? Because I was somewhere made of darker magic than the rest of Beqanna?” The thought rather disturbed her - what if she had somehow become corrupted by it, unaware of its effects?

@[Brennen] @[Belgaer]

Messages In This Thread
    Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Belgaer - 05-16-2018, 11:10 AM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Pond - 05-16-2018, 08:03 PM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Brennen - 05-16-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Belgaer - 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Pond - 05-19-2018, 03:36 AM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Brennen - 05-22-2018, 11:25 PM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Belgaer - 05-25-2018, 03:58 PM
    RE: Prodigal Son || Pond / Brennen - by Pond - 05-27-2018, 09:01 PM