• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

no tears left to cry || Smoak
    The bone plated stranger listens to her intently, his eyes gentle upon her. For a moment she thought she spotted the flashing of a memory deep within his eyes as he considered her. It was a rare and beautiful thing to stumble upon another untainted by the cruelty of life. She suspected that the stallion before her had seen his fair share of tragedies. Even despite his ragged edges she felt safe before him. Even as her admittance washes over him, he holds himself respectfully. His eyes filling with sadness.

It’s only as her touch dissipates from his shoulder that a smile spreads across the soft of his lips. His name is Smoak, he tells her. An oddly fitting name for the champagne toned stallion. She likes the sound of it. It’s warm and welcoming, but also strong and respectable. The questions that follow his name are ones that she’d heard several times before. Thinking back to her arrival upon Beqanna she marvels to realize that she’d almost been there two years now.

“Beqanna has been very good to me,” she offers. “I like to think that it rescued me at my weakest.”

It still troubled her to remember those dark days. Volcan had been the first to approach and pull her from the darkness that threatened to swallow her whole. Since that moment she’d been indebted to the rough tongued mare and several others had risen up to offer their companionship to her. Although there were still times she felt alone, it was lessened by the relationships she’d made in her two years upon Beqanna.

She said none of that to Smoak. Recalling the day she’d lost her husband and son simultaneously was not a conversation to be had on the first meeting. Her future had felt lost that day, but it’d slowly began to come alive again.

Nymf
    I Have No Tears Left To Cry

@[Smoak]

Messages In This Thread
    no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Nymf - 05-16-2018, 12:55 PM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Smoak - 05-17-2018, 07:27 PM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Nymf - 05-20-2018, 07:31 PM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Smoak - 05-22-2018, 10:13 AM
    RE: no tears left to cry || Smoak - by Nymf - 05-24-2018, 09:03 AM