• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when the night calls; kagerus - any
    Rapt birthed him. 
    This he knows as part of the gospel of himself. What he doesn’t know is the how or the why of it. Why did mother not stay after carrying him for months on end? How much magic and dream is he really made up of? 

Sometimes he’s not sure he’s really real but father always made him feel real enough. With father, his existence was never questionable. But as he lopes through the trees, he’s not so sure if he’s started to dream this all up or if he’ll really find her welcoming him. After all she was the one that left them. 

He can and does blame her sometimes. 
    Abysm never blames Rapt though.
    Never.

Abysm might blame her for leaving but he hasn’t learned to hate her for it. He hasn’t learned hate at all. Just blind and blatant adoration for his father. Maybe he won’t ever come to hate her or himself for being the cause of the disruption behind Rapt and her. He does think that his severance from the abyss must have something to do with it.

Something cannot be called up from the abyss and the dreamscape without there being consequences. He is just one such consequence of a visitation like that. But what does it all mean?! Therein lies his own conundrum as he slows from a lope to almost a dead standstill as he realizes that his though had taken a darker turn. With a shake of his small head, he hopes to clear them and restore the sunlight to his mind.

It takes just a little bit of dreaming.
    Then he’s all smiles from cheek to cheek.

But she’s there. Materializing out of shadows and air as if detaching herself from the very dreamscape they can share. He cannot help the way his jaw drops open at the first glimpse of her face. Why she’s even more beautiful than his dreams would ever let him imagine! Once he realizes he can feel air on his tongue and that he’s unabashedly staring, his mouth slams shut like a steel bear-trap. 

No amount of dreaming could have prepared him for this moment. There was no possible way it could. Will this be sweet or bitter? he wonders. 

It almost looks like she wants to say something but it’s so quiet and that quiet grows tense for him. Then all of a sudden she’s whispering and smiling and talking and somehow, Abysm knows it’ll be all right for right now. Maybe not always and maybe not for forever. 

But right he’s just a boy standing before his mother. 
    And she’s just a woman smiling back at her son.

“I know who you are.”
    It comes out blunter than he meant it so he softens it with a smile. 

Now how do they go on from here? 
    Because he doesn’t rush right up to her - can’t. Decorum prevents him from smothering himself in her embrace. Would she even embrace him as freely as she acknowledges him as her son? So all he can do is look at her - stare really, and wonder about what will happen next. He’s a little nervous after all.

@[Kagerus] I don’t know what this is but I look forward to your novels! <333
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    when the night calls; kagerus - any - by abysm - 05-19-2018, 07:25 PM
    RE: when the night calls; kagerus - any - by abysm - 05-22-2018, 06:27 PM