• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

look how the stars shine for you; rapt
    motherfatherGOD

It resonated in him. This idea of devout adoration for his father. No one else could ever compare to the champagne stallion. The legend of Rapt lived large in his son’s mind. It didn’t matter if his father couldn’t manipulate dreams like he could or that he seemed so very ordinary. That’s what Abysm loved most about him - he just wasn’t like all the rest.

(Granted he hasn’t met very much of the populace of any place so has nothing to truly gauge this by - just guesses and blind devotion.)

He had no idea the depth of hurt he caused his father when he left to seek out the absent mother. If he’d had half an inkling then he might never have left the stallion’s side at all. Cannot see it still for the artful mask on his father’s face that is pure love reflected back at him. Abysm basks in the glow of it.

The press of Rapt’s muzzle against his neck grounds him; brings him home. Home is this: the press of their noses to each other’s necks though once Abysm couldn’t reach that high. Rapt is home from the smell of him in Abysm’s nostrils to the roughened velvet of his father’s skin as he rubs first his cheek then the broad plane of his face against it. “I missed you too.”

He means it. Pushes the full breadth of his love for Rapt into the very sentence that leaves the gape of his smiling mouth. Abysm feels silly for fawning all over his father like a little boy. He’s supposed to be growing up but no matter the age between them, he’ll always be like this with his father. 

Part of him is only slightly sad that he’ll never love his mother the same way. He can’t and has his reasons why despite the fact that he first formed in her body. Abysm still doesn’t know the full scope of it and may never. Right now all he knows is the feel of his father against him and the world fighting itself for that one moment. 

“I don’t know if I should have gone looking for her.” it kills him to say it but he knows his father will understand. Rapt always understands him. 

@[rapt] <3
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    look how the stars shine for you; rapt - by abysm - 05-19-2018, 09:13 PM
    RE: look how the stars shine for you; rapt - by abysm - 05-24-2018, 07:15 PM