• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    Lead the way. No more, no less - he doesn't let on about how my alterations to him make him feel, nor do I press him for this information. As my tears dry along the powerful muscles of his neck, I figure that I haven't really the right; I've been intrusive, literally stumbling upon him in a dream and prying my way into a psyche that hadn't invited me there. But he is coming, and that says something; something, I'm just not sure what.

We walk in silence, the mottled shade of the forest eventually falling behind us as the spring sun gently warms our backs - his wide and strong, far taller than mine, the picture of Friesan perfection. My stomach clenches as I look upon it, knowing that by the time we reach Hyaline, he will return to the self that nearly got him murdered. My stomach clenches even more at this, causing my eyes to drop; I shouldn't know such intimate details about a total stranger.

As we come upon the scentline, crossing it into Hyaline, I figure that there are ways to solve this problem. Inhaling with the clear intent to speak, I allow my shoulder to brush against his compassionately. "So, Hephaestus." My tones are friendly and lyrical, different from how they'd been in the dream - perhaps a little faker, a little less me; because we all know that true vulnerability is exhausting to share for longer than the length of a dream. "Do you know much about Hyaline?"

@[Hephaestus] This is shitty but I wanted to get something up for you <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any - by Kagerus - 05-20-2018, 05:59 PM