• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any
    Hephaestus
    It is immediately apparent to him that the art of socialization was one that they both lacked. Abandoned by Kagerus, he shifted, uncomfortable beneath the unguarded stare of the stranger. Absently his broken gaze trained along the length of the mountain ranges, memorizing every nook and crevice upon its face. Hyaline was beautiful and the peace of it brought him joy. He was proud to be able to call it his home.

Intently he listened to Briseis as she fumbled with her words. After so much time spent alone, he hadn’t been forced to engage with very many others. Solitude had been his preference, until now. Although he had managed to be sought out by the self-declared misfits of Beqanna. To him it had become apparent that if you lacked discerning features such as wings, horns, or bright colors paired with an equally unique pattern – the average had become an oddity. His twisted and scarred appearance set him at a disadvantage when affronted by the gifted. Many had attempted to right the wrongs of his life, Kagerus was no exception. Though she’d meant well, it was hard to forget the effects of her dreamscape. Likewise, he was unsure of Brisies intentions, or Kagerus’ in their introduction. Politely he listened, a strained smile upon his face.

“I have been in Beqanna for two years now,” he offered, thinking upon the farewell to his nomadic lifestyle.

It had been comfortable. His loneliness – a familiarity. It had been easier than having to endure others’ attempts at empathy. Quite a few claimed to understand the truth of his plight, but only a handful actually could truly understand the path he was on. No one could possibly understand the pain he endured daily. All too often he thought it would have been easier if his father’s attempt to murder him had been successful.

Talking was not something he exceeled at. Silence became him as his singularly brown eye studied the black mare’s face. Her features were appealing to him and he enjoyed the shyness of er manner. She reminded him too much of Erinys, only Briseis did not bear the deformity of the other. He smiled.

“I am glad to have met you Briseis,” he said with a gentle nod of his misshapen head. “I look forward to sharing this beautiful kingdom with you.”
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Briseis] I tried to finish this up the best that I could. We can start a new thread with them if you would like. Just drop me a tag Wink

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any - by Hephaestus - 06-06-2018, 12:55 PM