• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Rapt

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    It's worse, when I think of him.
    (I'm an it now? Ah, well, I don't need a gender to fuck with you dear.)
    Even with Solace wrapped around me and soothing me to sleep, it can get too much.
    (Sweetheart, how easily you soften under the pressure of my hand around your waist... Like a slut. Easy.)
    But she's talked it through with me, she wants to meet him, the father of my son. Some might ask why, but considering the two lives that grow in her stomach - lives that are not there because of my influence - the answer is easy to see. She's trying to be considerate; she's trying to show her love for me.
    (...)

The border between the river and Hyaline is next to nothing in size, a no-mans-land that I can see across plain as day. This particular summer day is cool and breathy, reminiscent of the winter that's just been shed off Beqanna's precious land; but I do not shiver for the cold. He would know why I'm shivering - or rather, he will.

I go to find him - a dream I once had, sweet turned nightmarish, a golden symbol of what I thought I could have and what left me devastated.

"Rapt?" His name sounds half-real when I call it, a phantom, a ghost, something that died when I shut him and our son out of my life. But Abysm is in my life again - and Solace - there's potential for happiness for all of us.

And after everything... He deserves to at least have the choice of this existence. He deserves the truth.

@[rapt] I kept this in Hyaline since they're about to be going there, hope you don't mind
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 05-20-2018, 06:44 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 06:55 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 05-22-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM