• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Rapt

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    Well, it would be generous of me to say that I couldn't have dreamt this reunion any awkwarder. As the silence fills the place where questions aught to have been asked, I realize just how fucking stupid and dense I can be sometimes. I want to look to Solace for help, but she's done more than I can ever repay her for; and so instead, I listen desperately to the single or double words that are spoken between these people, my family, wishing that I could just self-detonate and be done with it all.

Why had I thought this was a good idea?

...But then I remember why, and I can't help but to resettle my nerves and deal with the consequences of my actions. My eyes do go to Khaedrik, my beloved brother with whom I share everything, and I smile at him thinly. He, at least, seemed to inspire some sort of reaction out of my son; a secret hope blossoms in my chest that perhaps the two will get to know one another, irrespective of my toxic influence in Abysm's life.

They all have the right to hold this against me, especially Rapt and Abysm. And so, I release a breath I hadn't realized I was holding, turning to look Rapt squarely in the eyes before speaking a final time.

"I'm sorry for the awkwardness; it's my fault. Please, feel free to come and go as you wish. Hyaline is always open." Dipping my head, and smiling towards Abysm, I move off from the group about a hundred meters, far enough to denote the end of the reunion without forcing them to leave as well. If they'd care to discuss more without me around, I will respect that; but for now, I lower my head to graze, the knots in my stomach slowly unraveling.

Shitty post but y'all guilted Kag into peacing lmao, feel free to continue or to call this the end Smile thanks for entertaining my vision!!! I loved it!
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 05-20-2018, 06:44 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 06:55 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 05-22-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 06-26-2018, 02:08 AM