• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kylin\\
    Like expected, the grey and lavender filly – or is she a young woman already? – had been lost in her own thoughts. Kylin can only relate; she herself had stood on the beach like that many times before. Just watching the horizon, there where the sea meets the sky. When their gazes meet Kylin nods, and smiles, confirming it was indeed her. “Of course I do, Karat, how could I not? You made me a pretty necklace before..” suddenly the lavender and white woman finds herself at loss of words, and is unable to finish her sentence. Before you all left.

Quickly like that a sweet reunion turns into something much, much darker. Kylin cannot – and does not – blame the girl, but her words are like salt in an open wound. Her hazel gaze wanders way, watching the ocean instead of looking at Karat. “He did find me..” she replies, voice soft as she tries to keep the tremble out of it. Kylin does not want to burden Karat with her and Klaudius’ relational issues.

And thus she forces herself to smile. “I am sure he will be happy to see you, Karat. Your father loves you and Kromium very much.” That, she knows, is true. She has never seen a father more smitten by his children. Even her own father hadn’t looked at her and Klaudius and Kali like that. A sigh, followed by a light shake of the head. “I am home, Karat, Ischia has always been my home..” Like it wasn’t already painfully enough that Klaudius had asked her to leave. Why did everybody assume she would follow around like an obedient puppy? Nobody had asked what she wants.

“But.. I will come to visit..” A soft sigh, and Kylin has to glance away to hide how much it pains her. She wishes she feels Karat’s enthusiasm, but she doesn’t.

@[Karat]

Messages In This Thread
    Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kylin\\ - by Karat - 05-20-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: Blood is Thicker Than Water //Kylin\\ - by Kylin - 05-25-2018, 04:50 PM