• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / svedka
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    It feels good to splash and tousle with her brother beneath the spring-blue sky. Hyaline is a welcome change in scenery with the depths of the lake and the height of the mountains and the variety of color in the landscape. Wishbone’s mind and feet grow restless when the same show plays on repeat — the drag in and pull out of the tides, the shifting of gray sand under her feet, the reckless tug of the wind upon her mane — and she feels her volatile self settle under the spray of Svedka’s counterattack.

Wishbone knows her brother well enough to practically taste the humor on the tip of his tongue — she can see the shine of it in the depths of his eyes. Their topic of conversation doesn’t allow her to prod at the bantering that rests just under his skin, but it does allow a relieved smile to find her sable mouth at his comforting words. Svedka is no ruler in comparison to Warrick or Solace, but he has been around their family long enough to understand the responsibilities of a leader. Perhaps that is why he hasn’t claimed his own throne; the crown’s weight might rub uncomfortably upon his head, but Wishbone is certain his kingdom’s people would love him.

Wishbone leans into his nudge, finding comfort in the sway of his touch and lull of his words. “Thank you,” she responds quietly. For a moment they rest, crystal-clear lake water lapping against their legs with the sun warming their backs. A hawk lands in a tree along the lake’s shore, careful eyes scanning for any signs of prey-life.

Before the silence can tighten its grip any longer, a mischievous smile alights Wishbone’s mouth. “So, Svedka,” she begins, and there is a syrupy-dangerous tune to her song, “what have you been doing while I’ve been gone?” Kagerus announced herself as Queen-Consort at the border, proving Solace has been… keeping busy. However, Wishbone’s curious to know what her brother has been up to these days. “Solace has herself a wife, in case you didn’t know, but surely you’ve got at least one desperate lady-lover.”
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 05-20-2018, 11:25 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Svedka - 05-21-2018, 06:00 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 05-24-2018, 11:30 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Svedka - 05-26-2018, 09:58 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 06-02-2018, 03:18 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Svedka - 06-12-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM