• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / svedka
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    They are two kindred spirits. Wishbone can imagine her brother doing many of the same things she had done as a child — attempt to summit the volcano, attempt to swim with the whales, discovering new corners of the island, diving in the hot springs and seeing how long they can hold their breath — and part of her wishes they had been born near the same time. He is ultimately her older brother, with more experience in the world and the ability to hold her age over her head (as older brothers often do), but sometimes she does wonder if she is perhaps a tad bit more mature than him. Mature enough to get a crown, at least.

That settles her own internal argument and she laughs aloud at Svedka’s response to her prodding questions. For a bittersweet moment she is jealous of him — he will have the freedom she has sacrificed for Nerine; the ability to come and go whenever he choses and not limit himself to the responsibilities of ruling a kingdom. Yet his nip at her shoulder distracts her and she quickly returns his favor, only catching the air where his cheek had been a moment before.

Suddenly, her brother is changing before her eyes. The laughter at the edges of his eyes softens into something rosy and fragile. He is becoming supple around the angles of his body and she wonders, for a deliriously funny moment, if he will melt away into the sea of love like so many others. The awe that captivates his voice reminds her of the underground cavern with Wolfbane — it’s the same awe she felt looking at her childhood best friend’s angular face caught in the light of the glow-worms.

Wishbone relates to him easily (perhaps too easily) but that doesn’t mean she cannot tease him. “If you’re not careful, I think you might melt into the lake.” This time she is aiming to catch him off-guard, hoping that his gold-and-pink tinted thoughts will give her an upper-hand. She quickly snatches a tender nip at his crest just behind his ear, potentially catching a mouthful of pale blue and ivory mane in the process.

“What was her name? I’m definitely going to need to meet her before anything happens.” The second bit isn’t a question (“Maybe I could meet her sometime?”) but rather a simple demand. “I will be a queen after all; you won’t be able to refuse my will.” She laughs to herself this time, smoke and honey mingling in the catch of her breath. Her eyes turn toward the sky now, where the sun is beginning to dip toward the mountains. “I need to find Solace before I leave… She wasn’t at the meeting.”

The girl shifts away from Svedka suddenly, pawing the still water one last time in a last-ditch effort to get in the last word on their playful bickering. “I’ll see you around, big brother!” And then she’s racing away, tossing up a final teasing buck on her way toward the inner-layers of Hyaline.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Svedka]

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 05-20-2018, 11:25 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Svedka - 05-21-2018, 06:00 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 05-24-2018, 11:30 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Svedka - 05-26-2018, 09:58 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 06-02-2018, 03:18 PM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Svedka - 06-12-2018, 08:57 AM
    RE: lost to these linens / svedka - by Wishbone - 06-19-2018, 03:47 PM