• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in the bones of youth: birthing, any

she’s got jumper cable lips
    she’s got sunset on her breath. now i inhaled just a little bit, now i’ve got no fear of death

There isn’t anything like a mother’s love for her child.

Although Wishbone rarely admitted it in her childhood (so caught up in the rush of adventure and thrill of discovery and determination to climb the volcano), her mother’s love helped shape her into who she is today. A mother is the first thing a child sees when they enter the cold, wide new world and, while it might not be the last thing they see before death, a mother is perhaps the most important of all the things to see. If a mother is a good one, she will shape and protect and teach her child everything to prove a successful life because of that love in her heart.

Thinking of the adoration of a mother — seeing that look of eternal admiration in the spotted mare’s eyes — brings a small prick of longing for Wound to the young mare’s heart.

There’s weariness in the new mother’s voice, an exhaustion that echoes off the dark walls of the cavern to bounce back at Wishbone. “I’m glad to hear that.” Her own voice is soft, albeit rugged in its tune, and the mahogany mare feels her muscles give way to relief. She hadn’t even realized they had been tense. “That is a beautiful name.” Gallia. It sounds elegant and sweet on the tongue, making Wishbone think of dancing in the rain. Yet there’s an undercurrent of bravery to it. The Tephran-turned-Leviathan certainly hopes Gallia will stay in Nerine as she grows up.

Although Wishbone is glad the mare and her child are safe, she can sense the atmosphere of the day is turning. “I’ll leave you two alone now. I just wanted to make sure you’re both alright.” While she would love to slip into the depths of the cave and watch the youngster try to stand and then discover the world around her, there are moments where Wishbone understands she must rein herself in. Mother and daughter must also get to know each other, even while daughter gets to know the world. “If you need any help, please call for me. I’m Wishbone.”

She offers them a gentle, easy smile before slipping away from the cavern’s mouth and disappearing along the shore.

wishbone

@[traton]

Messages In This Thread
    in the bones of youth: birthing, any - by traton - 05-21-2018, 04:51 AM
    RE: in the bones of youth: birthing, any - by Wishbone - 06-18-2018, 10:31 AM